An exceptional opportunity is now available to lead Marketing Strategy for the TAB and deliver on growth & branding outcomes – get in the game!
When you bet with the TAB on the gallops, trots or greyhounds, take a punt on the All Blacks or European football, every betting dollar contributes to grass roots racing and sports in New Zealand as well as the livelihoods of hundreds of thousands of Kiwis involved in these sectors.
As the largest live broadcaster of sport in the country, we’re an integral part of cities, towns, and communities nationwide. We’re a totally Kiwi operation and what we do touches the lives of a great number of people the length and breadth of the nation.
And now we have a rare opportunity to lead our Marketing function – we are seeking someone who understands the concept of new acquisition play for new products and is excited about building new markets, connecting into more channels, and championing brand awareness.
As a member of the Customer Leadership Team (CLT) you will take accountability for our growth objectives and provide programme delivery governance of strategic initiatives. In collaboration with both the CLT and other business groups you will be accountable for influencing and driving the business’ strategic decision-making on markets, customers, channels, products, sponsorship, propositions and CRM offerings/promotions.
- Ensure your team’s initiatives and behaviours are consistently aligned to our strategies and values
- Build a high performance and highly engaged team
- Accountable for delivery of joint Customer and Channels strategic objectives and initiatives that drive customer and financial growth
- Ensure all Customer and Channel design, strategy and customer changes are aligned
- Lead the ELT and wider business in strategic decision making about markets, customers, channels, products & propositions
- Develop and launch specific market interventions designed to provoke positive reactions & stimulate growth
Who are you?
As a talented and personable people leader, you will be passionate about delivering results in a product orientated business at a broader level – yet still geek out on the numbers as you front your ideas for ROI & marketing spend…data based decisions/campaign ideas will be your jam!
Ideally you will have experience with a wagering business and be able to demonstrate in-depth understanding of consumer behaviour & market growth campaigns in this area.
This exciting role will see you utilise your understanding of customer needs and buyer behaviour. You’ll drive both creation of new products & services, and improvements of current ones; monitoring and responding to macro and micro changes in markets that represent opportunities and strengths.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the overarching market strategy and segmentation for the business
- Develop an agile advertising and sponsorship strategy that adapts to market conditions to leverage profits
- Drive sponsorship & advertising growth
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the market and competitive landscape
- Develop an agile advertising and sponsorship strategy that adapts to market conditions
- to leverage profits
- Drive growth in advertising and sponsorship revenues and control cost of sales margins
- Ensure monthly accounts monitoring, performance variance and action plan reporting
You will have demonstrated ability to develop and deliver marketing communications in line with business plans, and manage a team to deliver effective marketing campaigns that achieve ROI objectives. The marketing campaigns are delivered across all TAB channels and include above and below the line execution.
The sourcing process begins now – and I am eager to speak with you, apply here or call Alexandra Smith on 027 252 5770 for a confidential conversation.
Now you’re in the game!