Our businesses are genuinely diverse and dynamic. The range of work is impressive and challenging. Add to that the tremendous geographical coverage of this Region and you have a role which is truly varied. In view of Southeast Asia’s growth, we are now looking for a Head of Sales, Studio Entertainment, to join a newly-established theatrical distribution team in Malaysia. Partnering closely with and reporting to our South East Asia General Manager, Studio Entertainment, you will ensure that the commercial value of all Walt Disney Studio Motion Pictures (WDSMP) theatrical releases in Malaysia is fully exploited. WDSMP distributes all theatrical titles from, among others, Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm. The department collaborates closely with the divisional Marketing, Partnership, and Finance teams to guarantee that Disney films are given the best possible theatrical release. The sales environment can be pressured, numbers oriented and frequently deadline driven.
The key business objective of this role is to create, manage and implement a sales distribution approach and strategy that maximizes The Walt Disney Studio Motion Pictures (WDSMP) Southeast Asia’s theatrical market share and which allows WDSMP to achieve its revenue and margin targets.
- Partner closely with and display a completely synergized approach with the theatrical marketing and publicity teams to ensure that strategies are entirely aligned, communicated and understood
- Develop, manage, supervise and approve all elements of the relationship with Malaysian exhibitors
- Strategy Creation and Implementation such as developing, managing and implementing specific distribution led strategies
- Develop and manage a commercial-led strategy for new technology related opportunities such as 3D/4D, electronic delivery of content
- Release Scheduling - Identifying best theatrical release dating approach (within context of wider Southeast Asia’s objectives, competitive environment) for all titles and updating/reviewing date changes on an on-going basis
- Management and oversight of all WDSMP, competitive, external and internal sales reporting requirements
- Cross-divisional support – provide functional expertise, knowledge and support to all Malaysia cross-divisional and integrated activities and initiatives that impact the theatrical business e.g. retail, stage shows, Disney Channel, etc.
- Team Management: Responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Malaysia-based theatrical sales team – including all talent, development and succession planning discussions
- With local and regional Finance Team
- High level management experience in a numbers driven environment and proven negotiation skills
- Extensive sales experience within the Film Distribution Industry is desired but not necessary
- Experience of managing exhibitor relationships – at a senior level, preferably within the Malaysian industry - is essential
- A passion for films
- Proficient English language skills, both written and spoken
- Effective planning and organization skills, ability to multi-task
- Team player
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team
- Interpersonal and organizational sensitivity in a matrix structure
- Excellent communication, negotiation & influencing skills
- Able to report, analyze and present data
At Disney, having a diverse workforce is critical to our business. We welcome a variety of opinions, ideas and perspectives to ensure we continue to top our own performance and represent our global marketplace. When our people reflect the communities we serve, it enhances the way we connect to our guests, audiences and consumers. Together, we work toward an inclusive environment that fosters creativity, innovation and camaraderie across all of our companies.