- Strategic senior role within Format Development and Property for Woolworths New Zealand
- Leadership of Property Management and Development functions
- Deliver real estate strategy that enables our Customer 1st strategy
Woolworths New Zealand has sales of over $6bn, the majority of which relates to Countdown - New Zealand’s leading supermarket brand. Our purpose is to make Kiwis’ lives a little better every day. Serving more than 2.5 million customers every week, Countdown has 180 supermarkets across New Zealand supported by 18,000+ team members. In addition to Countdown, Woolworths New Zealand is also the franchise coordinator for the Fresh Choice and SuperValue banner groups.
About the role
Reporting to the GM Format Development and Property, the successful candidate will play a pivotal role within our Senior Leadership Team. Taking a commercially-focused, relationship-oriented approach, you will be expected to quickly establish credibility with team and key stakeholders in order to deliver our overall real estate strategy. Given the dynamic, fast-paced nature of the business, an engaging leader is required with an energised and collaborative style. A leader who can influence and contribute to the delivery of our Customer 1st strategy and transformation.
Key priorities for the role include:
- Development of a network strategy and property pipeline that will support our business strategy
- Management of property portfolio and property-related investments to achieve risk and return goals in line with Countdown objectives and policies
- Development of a framework for property management, development, leasing and asset management areas, ensuring the careful monitoring of these.
- Continuous improvement-reviewing processes and ensuring compliance from teams across tenure, occupancy costs, convenience and customer amenities including new-store reviews.
- Building and maintaining strong external relationships with key stakeholders including Landlords, Local Government and Authorities
- Producing professional responses to submissions with timely, concise and strongly written business cases including accurate modelling
- Leading and inspiring a team of highly engaged individuals and developing a strong succession pipeline
You will be an astute leader who can role model our ways of working - including putting Customer 1st and working across our business end to end. You will live our values - showing deep care for our team, listening and learning, and always doing the right thing.
Your experience will likely reflect
- Deep expertise overseeing Property Management and Development teams-ideally within large-scale retail
- Strong analytical skills and highly adept at forecasting, planning and budgeting
- The ability to negotiate, persuade and influence through outstanding communication skills
- Confidence in decision making underpinned by sound commercial judgement
- Demonstrated achievements in service delivery, cost management and process improvement
At Woolworths NZ we believe that we are here to make Kiwi's lives a little better every day. If you want to be a part of our journey please apply today.