Are you passionate about customer-centric transformation? Do you thrive on working with SMEs to solve complex business problems? Do you want to make a genuine, tangible difference to our customers and staff?
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a growing team of specialists, driving change and operational excellence across BNZ. Based in Auckland CBD.
Creating great together
We're finding innovative ways to help New Zealanders be good with moneyso we back people who bring their A-game, think differently and ask questions because they're curious. Here you can carve out a career path that plays to your talents, and we'll provide the platform for you to shine.
Our growing Operational Excellence Team are a critical part of our transformation agenda, working with our Executive Team and senior leaders to deliver large-scale transformation across our operations. This cross functional and diverse team identify opportunities for improvement and drive business delivery of solutions using design thinking and an agile approach. The teams focus is squarely on our customers and staff and how we can use analytical insights, digital and automation capability to deliver value to them in an optimised and efficient way.
About the role
This is a genuine opportunity for the right leader to make their mark. The team have developed an Operational Excellence Framework, delivered a successful lighthouse and now require an experienced leader to accelerate the growth of this function. You will be leading and mobilising squads of high performing cross-functional specialists from a range of disciplines including Customer Experience, Operational Excellence, Culture, Process Optimisation, Controls and Automation.
This newly created role reports to our GM Process, Controls and Data who is passionate about supporting you to build a high-performance environment within which your team can thrive. We will want you and your team to bring new ideas on how we can continue to evolve the framework, deliver organisational change and how you can support our staff to deliver value to customers./p>
- Be an exceptional leader who loves challenging the status quo and is comfortable being the one out the front starting the movement with your first followers;
- Be able to communicate the complex in a simple and contextualised way and will be comfortable communicating with anyone in the organisation;
- Have a wealth of examples to share of how you have delivered transformation or change, ideally across a range of different sectors or organisations;
- Have demonstrated building high performing teams and fostering genuine collaboration between specialists and business leaders to identify root causes of issues and design solutions;
- Be an advocate for simplicity cutting through complexity in terms of our processes and delivery.
We are looking for the person who will challenge the status quo and innovate with a passion for making a difference. You don't need to have worked in financial services, but you do need to have made a difference where you have worked, ideally this will have been across a range of industries or organisations.
Working at BNZ
At BNZ, we're passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. We know that every BNZer is unique, with a wide range of goals, ambitions, and lifestyles, so we offer a wide range of benefits and working styles to suit you.
- Wellbeing: Your wellbeing is important to us. When we're at our best, physically and mentally, in and out of work, we can truly create great things together. We're here to support you to be your best with a number of wellbeing initiatives.
- Leave: We all need a bit of time off every now and then. At BNZ we're proud to offer the generous leave options you need and deserve - whether it's for a special occasion, an unexpected event, or an extended vacation.
- Flexibility: We're big on helping you balance life and work. We offer a range of flexible working options that help you be your best, wherever you're based. Talk to us about how we can make this work for you
Want to be part of enabling a high achieving New Zealand? Apply now!
If you would like to know more about Life at BNZ and how you can help re imagine banking for our customers, please visit www.bnzcareers.co.nz or click the 'apply now' button to submit your confidential application.