Head of Marketing & Innovation - FMCG
Marketing & Brand - Permanent / Full Time
Location - Auckland
- Successful Kiwi business taking on the World!
- Challenger with market leading brands
- Great opportunity to step up into a Head of Marketing position
This NZ business is experiencing inspiring growth in both the local and international markets. Selling into Grocery and Pharmacy channels as well as international markets (Australia & Asia) this company is going places with a portfolio of reputable and popular brands.
Reporting to the CEO, this is an exciting opportunity to manage all aspects of Marketing & Innovation within the business including owning the brands and creating a really clear vision around where the brand is going. Some of the key areas of focus are:
- Lead the strategic brand planning and 3YP process driven by strong consumer insights, market parameters and commercial acumen
- To provide leadership, direction and co-ordinate the activities of the Marketing & Innovation team to deliver on the primary objectives agreed in the strategic plan
- Drive a strategic, insights-driven innovation focus within the business
- Build and lead an effective and high performing Marketing & Innovation team
- Develop strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and external partners
You will come from a strong FMCG background and have probably lived marketing most of your career, but you will have done that in a variety of roles, organisations and maybe even countries - this is what has rounded you out and taught you your commercial skills. You will be resilient, not too tough, but strength of character is evident.
Leadership is key here too – you will be managing a team of four direct reports who are smart and driven to succeed. We want to see how you have built successful, engaged teams around you and how those people have respected you, gone ‘on the journey’ with you. We seek high degrees of leadership credibility and know-how. We are after a genuine leadership style. You need good facilitative, collaborative skills so the teams around you can get real value from you, continuing to grow and develop under your leadership.
You like to question, have an inquisitive mind, and enjoy strong robust debate - this adds value. Setting strategies and driving for growth (in all sorts of amazing ways) is something that comes naturally to you and you will enjoy talking about success (and failures) throughout your career. Your intellectual agility will be evident from the minute you start engaging with us, you will get enjoyment working with like-minded people and expect agility to be strong throughout the organisation. All of this will be supported by your charismatic style and ability to engage and gain respect at any level.
In this role the world really is your oyster, so if you're up for the challenge, then let's get on with it!
Apply online or for more information contact Cameron King on 022 073 1320.