Are you looking for a career opportunity that lends itself to greater flexibility and balance? Southland is the place to do this. Invercargill provides an excellent lifestyle location like no other; with Stewart island, Queenstown and the greater Southland and Otago regions on your doorstep. For further information on the area, please visit www.invercargillnz.com or www.southlandstory.nz/
VetNZ Ltd was born out of the belief that being rural and far away shouldn’t compromise the quality of veterinary services that we are able to provide. As progressive owners of complex businesses, Farmers deserve the best advice and services available, this shouldn’t be compromised by geography. VetNZ Ltd is ‘Here For Good’, their philosophy is all about looking after their team well and making rural communities better by giving back to the districts that support them. VetNZ is a dynamic business in growth mode and encompasses VetSouth (www.vetsouth.co.nz), West Coast Vets (www.wcvets.co.nz) and Veterinary Clinic Morrinsville (www.morrinsvillevets.co.nz).
Southland based and reporting to the CEO, the Head of Human Resources will have overall accountability for defining and delivering a human resource and organisational development people strategy. This will enable the senior leadership team and their teams to deliver strategic and day to day business outcomes. Additionally, this role is responsible for leading a small HR team based in Southland.
- Develop and lead HR strategy for the Organisation including workforce planning
- Develop innovative solutions to sustain the teams’ wellbeing and make the work environment a great place to be
- Lead a small HR team, ensuring a continued focus on operational HR activities and continual improvement around people capability frameworks
- Support people leaders to implement practices and framework
- Create and drive a performance culture that empowers and inspires outstanding service delivery and business growth
- Manage health and safety activities with a view to managing risks and supporting a safe work culture
- Oversee effective payroll, recruitment, engagement, performance management, remuneration and learning and development programmes
- Develop and implement initiatives aligned to continuous improvement that supports and grows people
This role requires a down to earth, innovative individual who can authentically influence, connect and build great relationships whilst supporting managers to foster a high performance culture within the rural sector. You will have a strong commercial acumen and a proven track record. Vital to this role is the ability to think and act strategically and the desire to work operationally to support this. Experience and a strong understanding of health and safety is an advantage. You will be well remunerated with the opportunity to work in an awesome team and wonderful environment. A relevant qualification and experience in a similar role is essential.
If you are a naturally resourceful problem solver and feel you possess the above qualities, please apply now by submitting your cover letter and CV and clicking the ‘Apply’ button. Initial phone enquiries can be made to Sally Wynn-Williams on 03 345 8759 or Lisa Wheeler on 03 345 8757.
A Position Description for the role is available for download at the bottom of the job listing at www.brannigans.co.nz/jobs
Applications for this opportunity will close at 5pm Wednesday 24 July 2019