As a Head of Field Marketing, you are a fully dedicated business leader, shaping the future of one of our many Google products. Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
The Google Cloud Marketing team is responsible for raising awareness and interest about Google Cloud among developers, start-ups and enterprises everywhere and shepherding these individuals through a seamless customer journey, from interest to discovery, trial, commitment and advocacy, fueling market share growth.
Google Cloud is looking for a world-class field marketing professional to lead our Australia and New Zealand marketing strategy and operations.
Based in our Sydney location, you will be building and leading a distributed team of professional marketers for driving Google Cloud awareness, new business acquisition, customer development and user community programs.
You will be an inspirational, passionate and results-driven leader with strong experience building and leading an A/NZ regional marketing teams in a software or other high-tech cloud B2B organization. This role will involve building a large, loyal and engaged customer base and actively working with a direct sales team on scalable enterprise and start-up marketing activities across multiple segments, channels, geographies, and phases of the customer lifecycle relationship.
This is a hands-on leadership role and you will have a proven track record of overachieving marketing objectives and able to establish credibility with the sales team and global marketing colleagues through their market insights, industry knowledge, communication skills and their leadership and vision.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Hire, lead and align the regional marketing and product marketing team with regional business goals. Work closely with the sales teams and Demand Management team to drive opportunity and business growth.
- Develop, socialize and get buy-in of the regional marketing strategy and programs, working closely with global marketing and regional leadership teams while representing the local voice of the customer in the process.
- Develop, execute, rollout and optimize new customer acquisition campaigns and programs aligned to horizontal and vertical solutions including Google Cloud Platform events, outbound campaigns, external trade shows and customer stories.
- Develop, execute, rollout and optimize campaigns to drive customer retention, product engagement and retention including customer conferences, seminars, education and engagement tactics.
- Grow awareness, familiarity and perception for GCP amongst analyst, influencers and other influencer organizations. Enable partners to scale coverage for Google Cloud services and build community programs to build deep loyalty with end users and advocates.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant B2B marketing or field marketing experience.
- 8 years of people management and building marketing functions/teams experience.
- Understanding of the enterprise software purchase, development and implementation cycles; Computer Science or development experience.
- Experience or understanding of developer audience; Strong technical acumen, ability to interact with highly technical people and technologies.
- Strong project management skills and experience, including managing external creative agencies, events vendors, and international projects; Experience planning and executing multiple, complex marketing programs including budget management.
- Conversational knowledge of platforms like Python, PHP, .NET, Java and Cloud technologies like AWS and other cloud computing platform and infrastructures; Familiarity with marketing and web analytics, CRM systems (Salesforce.com or similar) and tracking tools to assess campaign effectiveness.
- Strong communication skills in both business and technical situations, comfortability in talking about technical things with technical people and able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences.