- Fly the flag for innovative and forward thinking retail store design
- Take your creativity and channel it with New Zealand’s leading retail grocery distributer
- Newly created Head of Design position – create impact!
About the role
With 1.3 million customers coming through our doors everyday with their shopping needs, we’re looking for a Head of Retail Design who will lead the way - developing truly inspiring and innovative retail design ideas and processes that will expand and enhance our customers experience in store.
Setting the bar high – you’ll always be one step ahead, establishing a vision for design that will support the overall Store Development strategy and leading the team and external contractors in realising and executing the vision.
Managing all property and retail design activities, you’ll;
- Develop strong industry networks with external design consultants and suppliers – strengthening FSNI as a retail design leader
- Scope new store and refurbishment projects
- Manage design development and documentation processes
- Contribute to the development of brand definition and customer experience principles
- Lead, coach and mentor the Store Design team
With design credibly second to none – you’ll take full ownership of the design process, becoming a champion in developing retail design activities that will meet and exceed the needs of our customers and match the pace of the ever-evolving world of retail.
This is a newly created role with the Foodies organisation, so your ability to dive into the deep end and utilise every inch of your passion and design experience will be paramount.Keys to your success will also include;
- Strong background in store, retail or construction design
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate your team as well as the wider Foodstuffs business
- Solid experience in traditional design systems including CAD applications (incl AutoDesk, Revit etc.) and Adobe Suite
- The desire to continuously strive for innovation – creating the stores of the future!
Take the leap into the world of Foodies – driving innovation in store design. Future thinking and pioneering - apply today!
Foodstuffs North Island (Foodies) is a dynamic cooperative driving its own future. We are proudly 100% New Zealand owned and operated, and have grown from humble beginnings to become New Zealand's biggest grocery distributor supplying New World, Pak’n’Save and Four Square owner operated retail supermarkets as well as Liquorland, Shoprite and Gilmours.
Our purpose is to make sure New Zealanders get more out of life through customer inspired stores, high performing teams, and world class products and services.