- Bring our Customer 1st Team 1st ethos to life through best in class retail design
- Enhance the future shopping experience of over 2.5 mil customers every week
- Develop a high performing and engaged team
Woolworths New Zealand has sales of over $6bn, the majority of which relates to Countdown - New Zealand’s leading supermarket brand. Our purpose is to make Kiwis’ lives a little better every day. Serving more than 2.5 million customers every week, Countdown has 180 supermarkets across New Zealand supported by 18,000+ team members. In addition to Countdown, Woolworths New Zealand is also the franchise coordinator for the Fresh Choice and SuperValue banner groups.
About your new role
Reporting to the GM Format Development & Property, you will be responsible for providing specialist expertise in the design of new stores and refurbishments of our existing fleet to drive a step-change in our customer experience and bring to life our Customer 1st Team 1st ethos. You will lead the implementation and management of design strategies that maximise Countdown’s retail potential both now and into the future while ensuring we provide local, convenient and connected shopping experiences for our customers
Key priorities for the role include:
- Lead the articulation of design concepts and rationale based on a Customer 1st Team 1st strategy and brand framework
- Provide expert input into the cost and benefit drivers behind design business cases
- Provide alternatives and recommendations to drive the development of an optimal Store design that supports our strategy and brings to life our brand
- Review customer, sales and financial impact of design concepts being tested, and continue to re-design store format to deliver ‘best in class’ customer 1st experience and improving returns on capital
- Manage end-to-end strategy, building, costs of design and construction plans for the business and stores to deliver on time and within budget
- Develop a highly engaged design team, that delivers world class design concepts
To succeed in this position it is expected your background will reflect:
- Significant knowledge and experience in Store design including layout planning in a retail environment
- Strong leadership and management capability, with the ability to develop a highly engaged high performing team
- An ability to plan, prioritise and execute in a demanding and dynamic environment
- High level of commercial acumen, with strong negotiation and communication skills
- A continuous improvement focus, with the ability to identify innovative ways to accomplish goals and exceed expectations
- Demonstrated achievements in service delivery, cost management, team leadership, quality and process improvement.
- High level of influencing skills, with the ability to consistently deliver outcomes through others.
You will be a leader who can role model our ways of working - including putting Customer 1st and working across our business end to end. You will live our values - showing deep care for our team, listening and learning, and always doing the right thing.
At Woolworths NZ we believe that we are here to make Kiwi's lives a little better every day. If you want to be a part of our journey please apply today.