- A Modern School with a Rich Past
- Unique Leadership Opportunity
- Christchurch Location
Christchurch Boys’ High School (CBHS) is a Decile 10, Year 9-13 state secondary school catering for boarders and day boys. The school is situated on a 12-hectare site west of central Christchurch and has a current roll of 1415 boys. Established in 1881, CBHS combines sound traditions, values and a proud history with high academic achievement whilst also recognising the importance of creating well-rounded young men able to make a positive contribution to both New Zealand and our global society.
Adams House is the boarding facility for CBHS accommodating 135 boys and is a key part of the school. It is situated five minutes’ walk from the school in extensive grounds. The hostel includes all the modern amenities for a home-away-from-home and assists boarders to achieve academically, to develop socially in the company of other boys of similar ages and to take part in sporting and cultural pursuits to a high level.
Reporting to the Deputy Principal, the Head of Boarding will be a key member of the school community, playing a wider role in student activities, engaging in the full life of the school, integrating the culture and values of the school into all parts of boarding life, and contributing to CBHS’s ongoing success. You will be responsible for the professional leadership of Adams House and tasked with providing a happy, caring and secure environment for students where welfare is the paramount concern.
You will lead the hostel team of housemasters and hostel staff and oversee a superb catering and domestic team to provide a safe and inclusive environment for all boarding students.
To be successful in this role you will need:
· A passion for boys’ education, an empathy for teenage boys and an affinity for the pastoral care of boys and young men
· A proven track record of success in team leadership and fostering collegial teams
· Exceptional interpersonal, communication and relationship skills
· A strong moral compass
· Business and financial acumen
· Strong planning and organisational skills
· A commitment to your own and others professional development
· A focus on self-reflection, use of initiative and continuous improvement
· Enthusiasm, a sense of humour and a strong work ethic
· An enthusiasm for leading a dynamic, lively, inclusive and safe boarding hostel
· Teaching experience is an advantage.
The Head of Boarding lives on-site and the salary package includes accommodation, electricity, broadband and meals.
This is a unique opportunity to advance your career in a top New Zealand boys’ school.
To apply in strict confidence now, click here or email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 513130kea. Applications close on 13 October 2019. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Position Description or https://cbhs.school.nz/about-cbhs/staff/employment-opportunities-at-cbhs
For more information please phone Andrea Bankier on +64 3 353 4365 (DDI).