Trade Me is one of New Zealand's busiest web platforms, with over 850,000 people on average visiting our sites and apps every day.
Opportunities like this are pretty rare. We're looking for a new Head of Advertising to join us in Auckland. We have evolved from a broad-reach, banner selling business to a highly targeted audience business. Your challenge is to maintain relevance with large advertisers and their agencies whilst building relevance with Trade Me classifieds customers across our Marketplace, Motors, Property and Jobs business.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Developing a clearly articulated strategy for our advertising business (within the context of the broader Trade Me group strategy).
- Setting budgets, and leading progress.
- Overseeing and ensuring we execute our sales and broader go-to-market strategy.
- Overseeing our product development efforts and delivery of our product roadmap with quality and timely execution.
- Acting as the face of Trade Me advertising externally.
- Providing inspiration to the wider advertising team.
Our ideal person has:
- 10 or more years of digital advertising industry experience, ideally on the publisher's side, and within a marketplace environment or similar.
- Vision, passion and a deep understanding of the digital advertising industry.
- Significant experience leading multi-disciplinary teams, including sales, product and tech folk.
- Eight-figure P&L experience.
- A proven track record of getting results, especially financial imperatives.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to shape the opinions of internal stakeholders, our advertising partners and the industry as a whole.
- A natural curiosity to try new things.
What we have to offer:
- This is an exciting position that offers the opportunity to make an impact while carving out your own space.
- As much good five star coffee as you can stomach in a work day.
- You'll work with a bunch of passionate and positive people striving to make things better.
- Trade Me is a fun, vibrant and fast-moving place to work. We're looking for someone who'll thrive in this environment. We operate a dynamic and unique office culture, intended to reflect and empower our values and our 'informal but serious' work ethic.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
We are also proud to have been recognised as a finalist in IBM Kenexa Best Workplaces Award for the last seven years running.
Check out what it's like to work at Trade Me in our video and drop us a line.