- Help Shape the Future of the City
- Lead Key Strategic Capital Projects
- Based Senior Leadership Role
Dunedin City Council has set a clear vision for Dunedin to be “One of the World’s Great Small Cities”. This is focused on fostering a city with a thriving economy and a healthy environment with an active, creative, resilient and vibrant community. The City of Dunedin is one of New Zealand’s progressive urban centres with a population of 130,000. Renowned for its outstanding quality of life, heritage buildings and international reputation as a centre for tertiary education, it also has strengths in the primary sector, engineering, information technology and tourism.
Reporting to the General Manager Infrastructure Services, the Group Manager Transport is a key senior role responsible for providing leadership to 40 staff in Council's Transportation department. With responsibility for a large operational budget, this role represents an exceptional opportunity to build on the existing strong team culture and to direct some significant high-profile projects, shaping the future of Dunedin City. These projects include the $60 million central city upgrade, the waterfront bridge project and shaping the future of Dunedin’s transport network to accommodate the Dunedin Hospital rebuild, to name a few.
Candidates of interest will:
- Have demonstrated experience leading multi-faceted business functions across multiple teams, to deliver within a programme-based environment
- Have proven leadership skills building high performing teams, with demonstrated ability to build culture, engage and motivate people
- Ideally have been involved in the delivery of high visibility capital projects and experienced in managing/fronting political matters with the community (including media)
- Have a history of successfully collaborating with and developing positive working relationships with the public, diverse stakeholder groups, and elected officials
- Desirably have a tertiary qualification in a relevant field or comparable experience in transport.
This is a unique opportunity to shape and deliver Dunedin’s infrastructure future footprint, whilst enjoying all the lifestyle benefits of living and working in “One of the World’s Great Small Cities”.
To apply in strict confidence now, click ‘Apply for this job’ or email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 555334sk. Applications close on 17 November 2019. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 3 353 4359.