Callaghan Innovation is New Zealand's innovation agency. We provide research and development (R&D) services, skills development programmes, access to local and international expertise and grants co-funding. We’re here to liberate innovators.
Our Start-Up and Corporate Venturing sector is the group of organisations involved in the high-risk stage of early company development where ideas or research get translated into commercial opportunities.
This position of Group Manager Start-up Business Acceleration and Partnership is responsible for the following:
- Leading the Start-up and Corporate Venturing Acceleration team
- Building the team to deliver the outcomes required by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) and the Callaghan Innovation Executive Leadership Team
- Managing Incubators and Accelerators at Board and Executive level to ensure accountability and transparency of operation
- Driving implementation of successful tech incubation in the NZ economy leveraging learnings from international countries who have done this successfully over several decades
- Continuous improvement of the programme through collaboration with providers and the wider Start-Up ecosystem.
- Facilitate and develop corporate venturing in New Zealand through partnership with other government agencies and organizations
To be successful you will have the following attributes and skills:
- Minimum 10 years experience working as a senior executive in the private sector translating ideas or research into a commercial opportunity
- Proven experience in at least two of the following areas would be an advantage; start-ups, a corporate start-up or corporate venturing
- Previous experience both as an advisor and a board director to technology businesses ranging from early stage to growth
- Previous experience with both success and fail fast in building a technology business
- Proven experience building and leading a high-performing team
- Strategic thinker with robust analytical and systems thinking skills
- Excellent business skills and practices with excellent decision making and judgment
- A strong commercial and customer orientation
- Excellent operational and planning skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to express information and ideas in a clear, concise, accurate and coherent way, both verbally and in writing
- Relevant tertiary qualification in business
If you are looking for the opportunity to make a difference in an incredibly stimulating role, please click apply now to submit your application.
Callaghan Innovation is committed to our Home Safe Everyday policy. Successful candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. You must have the right to live and work in NZ to apply for this job.
Click here to view the role description
To apply for this job, please go to our job site http://www.callaghaninnovation.govt.nz/ and enter the job code 10242SK.
Applications close on Thursday, 7 March 2019.