- Senior Leadership Role - Auckland
- Impact Management role for a large infrastructure team
- Determine and drive best practise and delivery
Do you want to contribute to the development of Auckland’s transport infrastructure? Here at Auckland Transport we are shaping Auckland's future and are delivering transport choices for a growing Auckland. We are responsible for delivering a variety of infrastructure projects in design, construction and delivery stages.
Auckland Transports Infrastructure project management office (PMO) is responsible for the portfolio, programme, and project management reporting and performance analysis of these projects.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Group Manager of the PMO is one of the best opportunities in the current market. You would continue to work with a strongly collaborative and progressive team, enhance and ensure the relevant and existing processes and standards are delivered to best practice methodology, and with new ideas mentor the team to highest quality assurance and continuous improvement processes.
Our goal is to have a centre in excellence with Management systems responsible for reporting for all infrastructure developments whilst meeting all key project metrics.
To be successful you will:
· Effectively manage performance through mentoring and empowering a team of 7 direct reports and 30 indirect reports.
· Contribute to the broader leadership and direction of Auckland and have the ability to influence strategy based on sound commercial analysis
· Encourage and build and develop strong relationships with all PM practitioners within AT and build positive delivery relationships with external government organisations
· Provide effective project reviews and reporting to the Chief Infrastructure Officer and Division Group Managers
We are seeking a Leader and mentor who enjoys and encourages the delivery but also the success of those in the team and leads by example.
Key skills will include:
· A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a PM role or a position with relevant job tasks ideally in civil engineering or infrastructure
· Staff management in a political or complex organisation ideally within a government regulated environment or transport related industry
· Tertiary Degree in equivalent relevant field
· Postgraduate Degree in Project Management or similar
· Experience in Quantity surveying, procurement or law at an advisory or senior or Team Leader level.
What's in it for you?
This is a career opportunity to develop your management skills in one of the most exciting phases in Auckland's transport history.
Auckland transport is at the forefront of infrastructure projects for the region and this role is key to helping to progress those projects to completion.
At Auckland Transport we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace where people come first and we feel safe, respected, valued and supported, regardless of our differences.
We also support flexible working that meets the needs of our people and the business, so please talk to us about how we could make this role flexible for you.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, Apply now and let the journey begin!