- Auckland Viaduct
- Take your career to the next step!
- Exciting, varied senior leadership role.
Auckland Transport (AT) is a large and complex organisation with a significant procurement dimension to its strategy and operations.
Auckland Transport manages a capital programme of approximately $760 million pa covering roads, trains, street lights, business technology (for example traffic systems and the AT HOP card), bus & rail stations and other transport infrastructure.
It also procures goods and services for its daily operations of around $800 million a year including bus, rail and ferry services, road safety and parking operations.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Group Manager of the Procurement function is one of the best opportunities in the current market. You will lead a strongly collaborative and progressive team, and foster a culture of continuous development. You will also develop Supplier Relationships at a sophisticated level, and amongst other duties meet KPI’s for delivery and savings, develop procedures and outcomes, and meet expectations for a public body
Our goal is always to meet targets for procurement delivery and savings, that the annual work programme is achieved on time and that its achieved within budget.
To be successful you will:
· Effectively manage performance through mentoring and empowering a team of 6 direct reports and 32 indirect reports.
· Contribute to the broader leadership and direction of the Auckland Leadership team and have the ability to influence strategy based on sound commercial analysis
· Encourage and build and develop strong relationships with all external suppliers, and with external government organisations, be flexible to the changing needs of those around them.
· Provide effective project reviews and reporting and comply with all organisational policies.
We are seeking a Leader who enjoys the strategic nature of Procurement!
Our business large and complex and we seek someone with the expert ability to identify supplier needs, to plan an advanced sourcing strategy and then implement it!
Relationship management will also fall squarely on the shoulders of this person and your ability to navigate sensitive, and ambiguous supplier relationships will be highly regarded.
Key skills will include:
· A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a Senior procurement role such as Group Manager, General Manager, Chief Procurement officer, Senior Procurement manager.
· Staff management in a political or complex organisation ideally within a service or transport related industry.
· MCIPS is strongly preferred
· Strong commercial and collaborative acumen
· Drive and determination to create successful outcomes
· A strategic viewpoint and critical thinking skills
What's in it for you?
This is a career opportunity to develop your management and procurement skills in one of the largest portfolios of capital programme in New Zealand valued at $760 million per annum.
This role will showcase your skills internally and externally to the market as Auckland transport is at the forefront of infrastructure projects for the region.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, Apply now and let the journey begin!
At Auckland Transport we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace where people come first and we feel safe, respected, valued and supported, regardless of our differences.
We also support flexible working that meets the needs of our people and the business, so please talk to us about how we could make this role flexible for you.