· Looking for a unique leadership role?
· Do you enjoy inspiring a team to work towards a common goal?
· Are you motivated by helping keep New Zealand and New Zealander’s safe?
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated leader to join our team as Group Manager of Investigations (Assistant Director) within the New Zealand Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS).
This is a senior role within our Intelligence leadership team and it is fundamental in contributing to the organisational and Directorate strategy and business plans. This role provides leadership, operational guidance and risk management to our Investigations group.
We are seeking an experienced intelligence professional with proven leadership ability and expertise in managing intelligence outcomes in a wider context. NZSIS recognises the strength that comes from diversity, therefore the successful person does not necessarily need to come from within the intelligence community.
Our successful candidate will have:
· Experience operating at the strategic level, including business planning and operational risk management and guidance
· The ability to lead organisational strategy, policy and capability projects
· Identifying continuous improvement opportunities
· Expertise in employee management and career development of a team
· Financial and resource management experience
· Strong customer focus and exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to build and maintain positive and productive relationships
· Sound judgement and critical thinking ability
· High energy, drive and motivation to deliver timely results
An opportunity like this rarely comes along where not only can you make a contribution to build a safer and more prosperous New Zealand but you can also make a real difference by shaping the management and direction of the Directorate. As well as interesting work in a collaborative, unique and exciting environment, we offer professional development opportunities, subsidised health insurance, a social club and on-site gym and fitness facilities.
If you are looking for work with a purpose at the heart of New Zealand’s national security, make your application now.
A copy of the position description can be found on our website.
Salary range: $155,982 - $233,972 per annum.
How to apply
For further information about the NZSIS and details of how to apply visit www.nzsis.govt.nz. Please note that all applications must include an application form.
To be eligible for employment within the NZIC you must have been a NZ citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for at least 10 years.
You must be able to obtain and maintain a high level security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have a 15 year checkable background in countries where meaningful and reliable checks can be undertaken. Where requisite checks are unable to be made, the candidate application may not be able to be progressed.
Applications close on Sunday 2 February 2020
The NZIC treats all applications for employment in the strictest confidence and we ask that you maintain a similar level of confidentiality. You are expected to exercise discretion during the recruitment process and throughout your career.