Crucial position in ensuring the public has trust and confidence in the work of the Ministry
Lead the Ministry in responding to information requests from the public, Ministers and Members of Parliament
Provide strategic leadership and management
The Group Manager Government, Executive and Ministerial Services (GEMS) ensures the Ministry of Education is well-positioned to deliver on its responsibilities to the public, Ministers and Parliament.
This is a high-profile position, leading a group that is committed to managing a large volume of work in a way that increases both transparency and the public's trust and confidence in the Ministry of Education. You will be given a mandate to lead and will have access to a Ministry Leadership Team that places a high value on the work of your group.
To succeed in this role, you will be:
- A proven people leader who drives a positive performance culture
- Agile and resilient, able to work in a fast-paced environment providing services to multiple stakeholders
- A great relationship manager and communicator
- Experienced working with central government, Ministers, public sector leaders and sector stakeholders
- A can-do operator who leads and promotes continuous improvement
This is a great opportunity for a proven senior leader to operate at the centre, working closely with the Ministry's Leadership Team, Ministers and key stakeholders across government and the education sector.