- Senior Leadership Role - Transport
- Impact role for Auckland city and surrounding region
- Vendor Management critical
- Change Management focus
Transport is the number one challenge for Auckland and will be a catalyst for the city's development. Over two thirds of New Zealand's growth will be in Auckland, with the population forecast to grow by an additional 700,000 over the next 30 years.
Auckland Transport (AT) under the AT Metro brand is continuing the total transformation of the provision and perception of public transport (Metro) services (bus, rail, ferry, light rail) and shared mobility passenger transport in Auckland. Its continuing manifesto is making the public transport network and services a truly viable customer value proposition and alternative to private transport.
About the role
The Group Manager AT Metro Service Delivery is a unique opportunity to continue with a high performing progressive team, drive quality assurance, continue the exceptional work standards achieved with contracted service suppliers, and have a say into strategic decisions across the region for public transport service provision and impact nationally.
Accountable to the Chief Transport Services officer this role is responsible for the delivery of bus, rail, ferry and potentially light rail services under the AT Metro brand via external contracted service suppliers (vendors). Alongside your service delivery and vendor management experience you will bring the ability to:
- Effectively manage performance through mentoring and empowering
- Contribute to the broader leadership and direction of AT
- Provide Strategic leadership across AT Metro service delivery via contractual arrangements at regional and national level
- Determine the strategic business lead, accountability and delivery of AT Metro services, and contribute to AT Metro outcomes of customer retention, acquisition and revenue growth with other Group Manager colleagues
We are seeking a depth of experience with a Minimum of 10- 15 years’ in management of a complex operational environment preferably in government or private sector service supply.
This would be coupled with staff management in a political or complex organisation with contracted supplier (vendor) relationship development and management within a partnering ethos.
Also key to the role would be experience in the following:
- Proven business customer and revenue growth through service and customer service continuous improvement and performance management
- Senior management accountability for a significant budget, revenue and expenditure, varied stakeholder and major customer focused business with preferred public transport, transport, logistics or equivalent experience
What's in it for you?
Come home to New Zealand and be key in delivering the forecasted growth of Auckland’s ongoing transformation on the international stage. Our public transport (Metro) system is being transformed and needs to consistently evolve to provide effective and innovative transport solutions.
This role has far reaching impact for the company and the people of Auckland, and could be a career defining role for you!
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, Apply Now and let the journey begin!