- Group Wide Commercial Leadership
- Large, Diverse, Growth Focused Business
- Career/Lifestyle Opportunity, Bay of Plenty
Based in Whakatane and proudly owned by the Eastern Bay Energy Trust, Horizon Energy Group incorporates Horizon Networks, Aquaheat New Zealand, CoolLogic, ElectriNET and ElectriServe. The Group, which employs 650 people in New Zealand and Fiji, is a dynamic, growth focused asset management and contracting company currently involved in providing refrigeration, mechanical and both non-regulated and regulated electrical services.
Reporting to the CEO, the Group Chief Financial Officer & Company Secretary (CFO) will support the Executive Team with accountability for providing strategic, tactical and transformational commercial leadership across the Group. Your focus will be on the leadership of the Finance Team and the efficient management of capital resources, investments, treasury and commercial risk. Key involvements will include project cost control and profit enhancement, financial planning, budget management, revenue and margin forecasting, cost benefit analysis and securing and managing bank facilities. You will be a proactive member of the Executive Team and will work closely with the CEO and the Board in both a CFO and Secretarial capacity.
Key attributes sought in applicants include:
- Executive financial management experience within a complex, growth focussed contracting business.
- Superior financial expertise and wider commercial acumen.
- A focus on proactively challenging the status quo in order to improve performance.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and investment decision making skills.
- Modern motivational leadership skills together with the ability to influence and manage key stakeholders.
- A reputation for successfully converting strategy into action.
- Relevant degree and CA qualifications.
Whakatane, which is recognised as the sunniest location in New Zealand, offers attractive lifestyle and affordable property ownership options. A wide range of recreational opportunities are available within the Eastern Bay of Plenty region and also further afield within short travelling distance.
This critical, senior executive level role will be attractive to innovative finance professionals looking for the challenge and opportunity of taking the next step in their CFO career.
Confidential enquiries should be directed to Alan Head or Jane Cotter of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Friday 17 March 2017. All applications will be acknowledged by email.