Looking for an adventure not just a job?
We believe in having more than just a day job – we believe in adventures, every day. Our customers love icebreaker because they love having adventures in nature, wearing nature.
We’re a network of talented people who care about each other and believe deeply in what we do. We’re achievers, passionate, adventurous and authentic. We work in an environment where you can be yourself and make a difference. We imagine the future and create it.
We’re looking for an experienced Supply Planner to join our team based at our Ponsonby office in Auckland, New Zealand.
Reporting to the Global Supply Planning Manager, you’ll be responsible for the delivery of the right product to the right place at the right time by taking responsibility for the calculation and management of purchases from nominated suppliers, ensuring product is available to meet global in-market deadlines whilst maintaining strong supply relationships and minimising overall ‘cost-to-serve’.
You’ll also work closely with our Regional Inventory Managers for NZAU, USA, Canada and Europe and our teams supporting our global distributors.
To be successful in this role you’ll have the following skills and experience:
- Equivalent of 3-5 years experience and successful track record as a Supply Planner, preferably in the apparel industry and with some exposure to working with partners in Asia
- Great time-management and prioritising skills
- Strong relationship building and management skills and natural ability to engage, persuade and motivate others
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation
- High level of commercial acumen, insight and vision
- Experience in process improvement
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding customer service standards
- Solutions-oriented and proactive problem solver
- Ability to adapt well to changing business requirements
- Global ERP experience (ideally Microsoft AX or similar)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including advanced Excel
You’ll also be an Icebreaker who is:
- Active and adventurous
- A passionate high achiever
- Curious, with a global outlook and strong desire to continually learn & evolve
- A Brand Ambassador who is drawn in by our story and inspired by the authenticity and uniqueness of our brand and our commitment to sustainability
- A highly collaborative team player
We care about our relationships with nature and each other. We are a fast moving, nimble business– the people on our team are here because they want to make a difference and work hard and creatively to make that happen. We are not perfect, we have heaps of work to do. We like people who can think big and strategic and also get their hands dirty.
We’re a world leader in merino clothing and supply our outdoor, performance sport and active lifestyle ranges to more than 4,500 stores across 47 countries. We are headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand with regional offices in Vancouver, BC in Canada, Portland, OR in the United States and Munich in Germany. We also have smaller satellite offices in Zurich in Switzerland, Annecy in France and Melbourne in Australia. We have recently become part of VF Corporation and are excited about what being part of the amazing portfolio of brands will offer us in terms of best in class industry knowledge and global career opportunities for our people.
At Icebreaker, sustainability isn't just a feature of our products. It's in the values and design of our business. View our Transparency Report
If this opportunity feels like the type of job you’re passionate about, and it fits with your skills and experience, please click apply below to send us your CV with a covering letter explaining why you'd be right for Icebreaker.
For any queries, the recruitment of this position is being managed by Philippa Irvine, Talent Scout. Contact Philly directly on +64 21 564 691, or email firstname.lastname@example.org