Are you a Force of Nature?
Do you have that natural instinct? Are you curious? A seeker of knowledge? Obsessed with the full product mix and more than that, obsessed with customer insight?
Then this could be the move you’ve been looking for; the move to natural.
The apparel industry needs a shake-up. At icebreaker, we’ve always believed in the pursuit of better, inspired by nature to create sustainable natural performing apparel solutions. Sustainability isn’t just a campaign, it’s a feature of our business; as the first purpose-led acquisition of VF Corporation we have never been better placed to drive a global movement for nature, and for the betterment of our species and the planet.
Join us at our place of belonging and where our purpose first began, New Zealand. You will work closely with partners across functions in development, design and brand marketing, plus with our local markets globally; as you will know, no one market is the same.
As Global Merchandising Manager – Adventure, located in our global head office in Auckland, New Zealand, you’ll drive the seasonal apparel vision and strategy for the Adventure category, within the merchandising team. Adventurous by nature, you’ll harness your curiosity and motivation to explore beyond the limits of the category, challenging the status quo alongside like-minded, authentic team mates and elevating the potential and future of the core category of the business. You will report to the Global Head of Merchandising.
We’re a non-stuffy, non-bureaucratic group of humans who have the ability to flip from the end-state planning to the here and now of agile opportunities.
Naturally progressive, you’ll share your global proven experience across the business. Fueled by purpose, you’ll build Adventure category consumer-right lines and edited offers to ensure a productive, profitable, and integrated marketplace. You’ll collaborate with Global and Geo cross-functional teams to create compelling natural performing product concepts that educate, enable and empower our customers to move to natural for all their outdoor performance apparel needs.
Does this sound like you?
- 8+ years experience within the apparel industry, most recently in a global, product management role with commercial accountability
- Strong understanding of the lifestyle sector, ideally in the context of extending performance brands
- Very commercial, leading their thinking with the delivery of holistic concepts and driving sell-thru: not just a ‘product maker’
- Experience in delivering commercially sufficient product line-ups for all channels (wholesale, retail and online) in Europe and North America
- Good understanding of the apparel product creation, merchandising and go-to-market processes
- Demonstrable success in motivating teams and other colleagues to achieve results
- Proven analytical, problem solving and strategic planning ability
- High level of computer literacy and an affinity for technology; proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PLM/PDM solutions
We need someone who can tick all these boxes
- Exceptional communication skills with all levels and cultures within an organisation
- Flawless attention to detail and tracking of results; always finds solutions to mitigate gaps
- Mastery of time management, prioritising personal and team workload to always deliver on-time, in-full
- A passionate high achiever
- Curious, with a global understanding and outlook, and strong desire to continually learn and evolve
- Active in nature
- A Brand Ambassador who is drawn in by our story and inspired by the authenticity and uniqueness of our brand
- Someone who seeks out challenges & proactively solves problems
- A highly collaborative team player and team builder; an effective influencer and leader
- Uses structure and analsysis to enable creativity and change
- Always follows projects through holding themselves and others accountable for completion
- Always comes up with “bright ideas” and new ways of doing things, and executes them
- Proven to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressured creative and commercial environment
- Able to travel frequently both domestically and overseas.
If this opportunity feels like the type of job you’re passionate about, and it fits with your skills and experience, please click apply to send us your CV with a covering letter explaining why you'd be right for Icebreaker.