The Global Marketing Manager (12 Month Maternity Cover Contract) is responsible for the development and implementation of breakthrough brand strategies for Trilogy Natural Products and Goodness Natural Products in our Global markets. This role will continue to develop the marketing, product and communications plans to drive growth. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of the brand from product development through to consumer promotion, making sure the brand remains relevant to consumers and that all brand initiatives support the brand promise. You will be expected to have strong commercial marketing experience and analytical skills and to be able to effectively develop and maintain stakeholder relationships.
Brand Strategy & Consumer Marketing:
- Strategically build marketing plans to connect with our consumers via an integrated marketing mix that is bottom-line oriented.
- Working with the Brand General Manager to build and maintain brand plans by market that outline all key objectives in Product, Pricing, Promotion and Marketing.
- Participate in cross functional teams to set the sales forecast and financials, analysing and reporting on product & market performance.
- Maintain expert knowledge on the competitive set in the relevant sector and markets to include pricing, advertising and key marketing initiatives.
- Researching consumer markets, monitoring market trends and identifying potential areas in which to invest, based upon consumer needs, behaviour and spending habits.
- Meet budget and financial objectives across market and channel parameters.
Product Development & Design:
- Driving the entire product life cycle from strategic planning and development, segment and product contribution through to tactical & promotional activities.
- Liaison with the Innovation Manager & Product Development Manager to identify new initiatives, manage the team to deliver to agreed timelines and driving profitable growth through innovation & NPD.
- Review and monitor product margin and impact on brand profitability via cost of goods and sourcing.
- Lead the product design process whether agency or in-house to ensure product and POS has maximum brand impact and consumer appeal.
- Continuously look at opportunities for the brands to tap into the beauty consumer.
PR, Media, & Design:
- Create and agree the communications strategy in line with the brand strategy.
- Manage the Communications Manager, directing them to set agency objectives and measures by market.
- Approval & sign off of all marketing literature and campaigns, ensuring the designs and messages meet the company, brand and regulatory guidelines.
- Management of the digital brand presence, online, social media via the Digital Manager and agency where required.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Have an instinctive feeling about the beauty category and future product concepts.
- Proven marketing experience in an FMCG environment.
- A strong understanding of how to effectively partner the sales function and retail customers.
- Experience in building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Innovative thinking with a demonstrated ability to contribute to strategic plans.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to think independently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to thrive in a challenging and team orientated work environment; and demonstrated leadership capability and social impact.
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 9 December 2016.