Are you a Natural Born Change Maker?
Do you have that natural instinct? Are you curious? A problem solver and synthesizer of insights and opportunities? Are you yearning to make an impact and looking to be part of something with greater purpose, something with a reason beyond clothing?
Then this could be the move you’ve been looking for; the move to natural.
The apparel industry needs a shake-up. At icebreaker, we’ve always believed in the pursuit of better, inspired by nature to create sustainable natural performing apparel. As the first purpose-led acquisition of VF Corporation we have never been better placed to drive a global movement for nature, and for the betterment of our species and the planet.
As Global Head of Merchandising located in our global head office in Auckland, New Zealand, you’ll lead our integrated marketplace strategy and the Product Merchandising category teams, providing a clear strategic vision for a group of passionate, authentic and adventurous people who like to achieve results. You’ll be a natural at assessing the marketplace and the opportunity and understand what the customer is looking for teamed with the ability to drive change through sound decisions making with an entrepreneurial mindset, testing and learning along the way.
Naturally high-performing, you’ll share your global proven expertise across the business, inspiring and leading by example. You will foster a collaborative working environment and cross-functional agile mentality, leading with business acumen, brand relevancy and commercial insight to create compelling natural performing product concepts that educate, enable and empower our customers to move to natural for all their outdoor performance apparel needs.This senior role reports directly to our Chief Brand and Product Officer.
We’re a non-stuffy, non-bureaucratic group of humans who have the ability to flip from the end-state planning to the here and now of agile opportunities.
We are looking for an exceptional individual whom ideally would have:
Years of Related Professional Experience:
- 15+ years of minimum relevant and progressive experience.
- 8+ years of experience in branded merchandise/development, retail buying or product design/development.
- Experience in apparel and International a plus.
- 5+ years in senior management in people leadership.
- Strong leadership to drive own team and performance
- Strong negotiation skills, able to make radical shifts when necessary
- Strong analytical skills (mastering of Excel and retail math) to develop and teach good strategic approach
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written, strong cross functional collaboration skills required
- Strong communication skills to work internally and with the customers (including presentations during sales meetings, trainings/clinics, etc)
- Strong presentation skills, proven ability to influence in front of accounts
- Excellent team player
- A strategic leader with the ability to conceive and create innovative thinking and ideas.
- Strong understanding of assigned Marketplace, including regional differences and across diverse channels of distribution
- Ability to lead and play an integral role within a broader team, connects the department and individual expectations to the company vision; confidence and presence to lead a diverse team
- Proven skills in selecting talent and developing others
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work with others as part of cross-functional team, build consensus, and achieve results across variety of distinct groups.
- Experience in product forecasting, statistical modeling, and/or strategic planning able to teach these skills to grow future talent
- Excellent working knowledge of apparel merchandising design and/or sales
If this opportunity feels like the type of job you’re passionate about, and it fits with your skills and experience, please click apply below to send us your CV with a covering letter. Applications close Sunday 3rd February 2019.
The recruitment of this position is being managed by Philippa Irvine, Talent Scout. For any queries, contact Philly directly on +64 21 564 691 or email email@example.com