· Whakapapa – NZ’s Largest Ski Area
· Vision and Enterprise
Mt Ruapehu, home of the Whakapapa and Turoa Ski Areas is New Zealand’s largest winter playground. Whakapapa features the longest operating season and some of the best natural terrain in New Zealand. Ruapehu Alpine Lifts Ltd (RAL), which owns and operates the assets of the two ski areas, occupies a unique place on an iconic piece of New Zealand’s topography - a 3000m volcano in a UNESCO Dual World Heritage Area, the Tongariro National Park.
Whakapapa is $25m into a $60m capital works programme focussed on transforming the business and leveraging the growth in summer visitation to the Tongariro National Park.
A commercially astute General Manager is required to lead the next phase of Whakapapa Ski Area’s planned growth and development. Developing and delivering business plans and strategic objectives, the General Manager will implement processes to drive growth, service delivery, customer experience, safety and quality improvement. As a member of RAL’s senior leadership team, the General Manager will also assist in the formulation and implementation of company strategic objectives.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate:
· Experience in, or a clear passion for, snow sports and adventure.
· An understanding of the unique challenges of operating a seasonal business.
· Proven ability to lift performance and improve customer experience.
· Action orientated and innovative leadership style to develop and support 400 staff.
· Broad general management expertise within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
· Experience working with community and iwi stakeholders.
With immediate plans for growth and expansion in place, this is an exceptional opportunity for an energetic General Manager to take the helm at New Zealand’s largest and oldest ski area during an exciting phase in the history of the company.
Further information on the Whakapapa ski area can be viewed at www.mtruapehu.com. This role is based at the ski area on Mt Ruapehu.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for this role close on Friday 23 February 2018.
All applications will be acknowledged by email.