- New Zealand’s Largest Ski Area & Sky Waka Gondola & Highest Dining Experience
- Delivery of World Class Guest Experiences
- Central North Island, New Zealand
Mt Ruapehu, home of the Whakapapa and Turoa Ski Areas is New Zealand’s largest winter playground and emerging all year round tourism destination. Whakapapa features the longest operating ski season, some of the best natural terrain in New Zealand, eateries, and majestic mountain and national park scenery.
Ruapehu Alpine Lifts Ltd (RAL), which owns and operates the assets of the two ski areas, occupies a unique place on an iconic piece of New Zealand’s topography - a 2800m volcano in a UNESCO Dual World Heritage Area, the Tongariro National Park. A recent extensive capital works programme, including the newly opened Sky Waka gondola and dining venues, has assisted in leveraging the growth in all year round visitors to the Tongariro National Park.
A commercially astute General Manager is required to lead the Whakapapa Ski Area in its delivery of world class guest experiences all year round. Developing and delivering business plans and strategic objectives, the General Manager will implement processes to drive growth, service delivery, guest experience, safety, asset management and quality improvement. The ongoing development of partnerships with iwi and relationships with other key stakeholders including the Department of Conservation, facility/service providers, tourism operators and ski clubs is critical to the future development plans for the area. As a member of RAL’s Executive team, the General Manager will make input to the development of company strategic objectives and their implementation.
Applicants will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Proven leadership expertise in shaping a high calibre guest service culture within a dynamic business.
- Strong relationship builder with stakeholders including iwi, Government agencies, community and associated businesses.
- Experience in and a passion for tourism, adventure and snow sports.
- The capability to transform a seasonal business to a year-round offering.
- Proven ability to lift performance, safety standards, and improve the guest experience.
This is an opportunity for an energetic and passionate General Manager to take the helm of an expanding all year around tourism attraction during a time of business transformation, whilst enjoying the lifestyle advantages of the area.
For further information on RAL, please visit their website; www.mtruapehu.com
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertisements and attached information can be viewed and downloaded at www.eqiglobal.com.
Applications for the role close on Wednesday 20 November 2019.