- Lead and Drive Innovative Customer Experience
- Domestic and International Sales Activation
- Queenstown Based
Southern Discoveries Ltd is a growing South Island tourism organisation that has been operating for over 50 years. The company is committed to delivering their customers awe-inspiring and breath-taking sights and experiences in Queenstown and Fiordland, including Milford Sound. Southern Discoveries is a substantial operator of cruise boats in Milford Sound and Queenstown and complements these with daily coach services from both Queenstown and Te Anau that feed the Milford Sound cruises. For more information please visit http://www.southerndiscoveries.co.nz
Based in Queenstown and reporting to the CEO, your key responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing sales and marketing strategies to position Southern Discoveries as a preferred tourism provider and enhance its multiple world-class offerings
- Providing total oversight, clear vision and strong inspirational leadership to the marketing and sales teams
- Contributing significantly to the commercial growth of the organisation through creative strategies, outstanding marketing and astute financial management
- Working with partners locally, nationally and internationally to develop and grow innovative new business opportunities to drive revenue
You will also:
- Support the business in monitoring, evaluating and analysing sales and marketing revenue, future strategy and opportunities
- Build sales and marketing business cases to develop and execute new business opportunities
- Work closely with the CEO, Board and the Senior Management Team and participate in the strategic development of the organisation
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will be a strong commercially focused strategic leader with proven experience in a senior sales or marketing leadership role. Ideally you will have experience in a similar sector but most importantly you will understand the intricacies of what a superior customer experience looks like. You will be an expert in the successful development and implementation of business strategy coupled with exceptional leadership capabilities to lead and develop talent. You will have the capacity to create a dynamic sales culture across the business, manage complex pieces of work while building strong networks and delivering sustained growth. A relevant tertiary qualification and a ‘hands on’ approach would be advantageous.
Please click here to view a Position Description for this role.
If you feel you possess the above qualities, have a passion for innovative marketing and are drawn by the opportunity to contribute to this exciting organisation in one of the most stunning parts of our world, apply now by submitting your cover letter and CV by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. Initial enquiries are welcome by phoning Sally Wynn-Williams on 03 345 8759 or Lisa Wheeler on 03 345 8757.
Applications for this role close 5pm Monday 25th June