· Drive Manufacturing Excellence
· Innovation & Leadership
· Christchurch or Napier
Ravensdown was established as a co-operative over forty years ago by a group of far-sighted pioneers. The business today focuses on enabling smarter farming and continues to make a difference to its shareholders and the wider community. Ravensdown’s mission is to provide products, expertise and technology to assist farmers to reduce environmental impacts and optimise value from the land. The company is people and future focused, with a long-term belief in intergenerational stewardship and prosperity for New Zealand.
Reporting to the CEO and a valued contributor to the Senior Leadership Team, the General Manager Operations will lead the drive for innovation and world class manufacturing processes across the Ravensdown manufacturing network. Managing stakeholder relationships, enhancing environmental performance and exceeding service expectations will be key priorities. This will be achieved through the provision of exceptional strategic leadership to the operations team; integrating the values, vision and culture of the organisation. The role has responsibility for a national team of 185 staff, with the company employing a total of 680 staff. The role could be based in either Christchurch or Napier.
The General Manager Operations will develop and implement strategy to drive improvement and innovation at Ravensdown production facilities nationwide, particularly in the areas of environmental management, asset management, health & safety, compliance, technology and end-product performance.
It is a consumer driven business; “people working for people”. It is about innovation, being curious and progressive leadership.
Applicants will display the following attributes:
· A comprehensive knowledge of modern manufacturing/processing operations, likely to include chemical or mechanical engineering processes.
· Expertise in leading process improvement and delivering world class manufacturing.
· Strategically smart and robust contributor within the executive team.
· A proven progressive leader of diverse teams and an astute decision maker.
· Superior stakeholder and relationship management, and communication skills.
· Committed to quality health & safety and environmental practices.
· Naturally gregarious, a team player with drive and ambition.
Ravensdown is a socially and environmentally aware, forward-thinking company that is very conscious of the critical role it plays in the future of our country’s food chain, welfare and quality of lifestyle.
Further information on Ravensdown can be viewed at www.ravensdown.co.nz
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for this role close on Friday 23 February 2018.
All applications will be acknowledged by email.