- High impact role - lead significant transformation
- Drive a customer driven approach to format and property management for Woolworths NZ
- Shape the future shopping experience of over 2.5 mil customers every week
Woolworths New Zealand has sales of over $6bn, the majority of which relates to Countdown - New Zealand’s leading supermarket brand. Our purpose is to make Kiwis’ lives a little better every day. Serving more than 2.5 million customers every week, Countdown has 180 supermarkets across New Zealand supported by 18,000+ team members. In addition to Countdown, Woolworths New Zealand is also the franchise coordinator for the Fresh Choice and SuperValue banner groups.
About the role
Reporting to the NZ Managing Director, this high impact role will be pivotal in shaping the format and property strategy for the Woolworths NZ retail network during a truly innovative period. Joining the team at the beginning of a period of significant transformation you will ensure the maximisation of Woolworths NZ retail potential both now and into the future through the development of retail formats that reflect our Customer 1st brand and strategy. As an e-commerce leader this role will also play a lead in driving our multichannel customer proposition, working closely with our Countdown X team.
With end to end accountability for our Design, Construction, Property, Renewal and Facilities teams, you will lead through empowerment and quickly build credibility through the successful implementation of strategies that enhance the experience of our customers and team. Given the dynamic, fast-paced nature of the business, an engaging leader is required with an energised and collaborative style. A leader who can influence and work as part of the executive team to deliver our Customer 1st strategy and transformation.
Key priorities for the role include:
- Drive a property and format development strategy that enables our business strategy
- Develop a highly engaged team, that works end to end across all property and format functions
- Role model our Ways of Working, through a customer 1st team 1st approach across all property and format functions, and by collaborating across all business functions so that our new and renewed stores are a core and visible part of our cultural transformation
To succeed in this position it is expected your background will reflect:
- Significant experience within Property/Construction/ Format Development or Store Operations in the Retail industry
- Experience leading transformational change as part of an executive leadership team
- Strategic Planning and project management experience, with strong commercial and financial acumen
- Highly developed level of influence and judgement, and an ability to organise and inspire cross-functional teams to deliver projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Progression through senior roles in similarly complex businesses
You will be a leader who can role model our ways of working - including putting Customer 1st and working across our business end to end. You will live our values - showing deep care for our team, listening and learning, and always doing the right thing.
At Woolworths NZ we believe that we are here to make Kiwi's lives a little better every day. If you want to be a part of our journey please apply today.