- Industry leader
- Key management position
- Wellington region
If you are looking for a challenging role and wanting to be part of a successful business that has a strong reputation, this role could be for you!
Our client is a privately-owned company that offers professional, skilled and reliable forest harvesting and marketing services to private forest owners.
With significant growth in the industry, an exciting opportunity awaits for an exceptional leader with strategic mindset to join this specialist company and lead a division which provides forestry and marginal land-use advisory and management. This business unit has steadily grown and diversified and is genuinely recognised as an industry leader in land use advise. They offer specialist services with clients throughout New Zealand, in marginal land-use analysis, forest and woodlot planning and management, and opportunities on marginal land.
Based in Masterton, the role of General Manager will report directly to the Managing Director of the parent company. You will be responsible for driving the overall management of the business unit to fulfil the increasing demand for forestry management skills, knowledge and expertise in the New Zealand market. This role is a key management position and it is integral in underpinning exponential growth in the sector.
Key accountabilities include:
- Strategy and business planning, with full P&L responsibility
- ETS Advice and services
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Risk and compliance
- Forestry consultancy and management
- Staff management and continuous improvement
- Business development and client management
Key attributes we are looking for are:
- Demonstrated commercial acumen
- A previous role in traditional forest management related activities
- Broad understanding of NZ ETS and the forest consultancy industry
- Management experience of small teams
- Ability to manage suppliers for mutually successful outcomes
- Demonstrated success. Progression and achievements in career
- University degree or similar time hands on in similar business
- Ability to convey a vision and manage to that vision.
For a confidential discussion, please call Rob Young on 021 922 645. Alternatively, forward your CV by clicking on “Apply for this Job”, quoting R6818 on all correspondence.