If you’ve got the talent and care about making a difference, this is an opportunity to join a friendly, dynamic and committed team building a platform that is making the world a better place.
- Use a modern technology stack
- Are a well-established, privately funded start-up.
- Have an agile, dynamic and cohesive team.
- Work in an engaged and collaborative environment with a high-level of exposure to the Founder and Stakeholder Development Team.
- Are developing an innovative global platform that is disrupting and revolutionising a sector crying out for change.
- Adhere to agile methodologies to deliver the best product we can.
- Have a single product focus enabling all our attention on product development, testing and enhancement.
About Be Collective:
Be Collective is a SaaS platform that connects volunteers with causes they care about, and helps organisations manage their end-to-end volunteer process. It is social infrastructure that mobilises goodwill through volunteer time, donations and shared resources. Our passionate in-house development and implementation teams strongly care about the causes they support and believe in building resilient and healthy communities.
There is also an opportunity to contribute to the work of Smart Systems which develops IoT and AI applications which align with sustainable development goals. Smart Systems is currently working on an IoT project for a decentralised water treatment system which utilises ground and surface water, producing potable water for remote and underprivileged communities.
Culture and Perks:
We are very proud of the relaxed and collaborative environment which we have built in Melbourne, London and Wellington and we are now looking to expand our London-based Team. We enjoy a range of perks and benefits that keep things fun and fluid, and bond as a team over community contribution and making a difference.
Our Front-end Stack:
Our Backend Stack:
- Node.js on Loopback based RESTful API supported by additional services/microservices
- AWS Lambda
- Elastic Search
- Websocket chat/notification system
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills
- Version Control experience
- Desire to learn
Additional skills or 'nice to haves':
- AWS experience
- Other GraphQL clients such as Relay or Lokka
- Less or Sass
- Code review experience
- Automated testing
How to Apply:
If you have the talent and passion to share in our vision, please attach your CV and Cover Letter to your application outlining why you want to join the Be Collective team, your aspirations for making a difference and the skills you would bring to this role. Apply here: https://www.becollective.com/careers/