Does working through a period of growth and transformation motivate you? Then if you're ready for a real adventure by moving to a new country, join the Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
New Zealand is known for its high quality of life. With excellent public services, a progressive and multicultural society, and great career opportunities for skilled people, it's a wonderful place to live and work. It's environmentally-focused and moving towards a sustainable future, and you'll find the people genuinely warm and welcoming.
We'll be in London in February, interviewing for future opportunities in our Financial Markets Department in Wellington and Auckland. This could be a very exciting year for you.
A central bank with a lot to offer
We're New Zealand's central bank. We manage monetary policy and keep our financial system stable and efficient. You can expect:
- to join a high-performing team in an inclusive, collaborative environment
- to work towards our three key policy objectives: implementing monetary policy in New Zealand; monitoring and managing the banking system’s liquidity; and managing our portfolio of foreign reserves
- to provide analysis and advice to key policy committees
- to advise on developments in global and domestic financial markets
- to be a major part of some core policy and operational projects over the next 2-3 years
As a small central bank, we can offer you:
- plenty of opportunities for collaboration
- regular access to senior decision makers and Governors
- experience in a variety of central banking functions, including prudential policy and supervision
- a commitment to your training and development
Who you are
We're looking for ambitious financial markets experts with a growth mindset. You'll:
- be adaptable, resilient and embracing of change
- thrive on constructive challenge
- bring relevant technical financial markets skills that correlate to our four teams: Balance Sheet Design, Portfolio Management, Market Intelligence & Analysis, and Risk & Performance
- have a strong understanding of financial markets and how your skills will translate to a central banking environment
A different Kiwi lifestyle
New to New Zealand and keen for a lifestyle change? Or an expat who's ready to come home? In Wellington or Auckland, you'll appreciate the change of pace.
- you'll have more time to enjoy the great outdoors; the beaches, bush, and the cultural scene, restaurants, cafes and shops
- Wellington and Auckland are growing fast, and it's an exciting time to be here
- a safe place to raise a family
Are you feeling excited yet about what 2020 might bring you? You could be living a very different life this time next year.