- Senior Finance Leadership position
- Commercially focussed role in a fast paced, diverse and challenging environment
- Business Partnering with a large operational group to set the direction and drive implementation of financial strategies
- Influence strategic and operational decision making processes
About the role
This is not a typical government finance role – we are looking for a high achiever, with a commercial focus who can encourage innovation and fresh thinking.
The Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment is a large complex 24/7 global organisation with 28 offices globally and over 3300 employees including 520 offshore.
As one of five Finance Business Partners you will lead and promote financial and non-financial performance within your respective business area and provide information, metrics and insight, together with education and understanding, to facilitate improved decision making within the business.
You will also be a key relationship and coordination point between the business and the overall Finance unit.
This roles reports to the Chief Financial Officer in the Finance and Performance Group, and also requires close collaboration with the Deputy Chief Executive that you will support.
Why should you join us?
We are already on a journey to become a genuinely outstanding finance function which other New Zealand organisations will aspire to. In this role you will help guide our direction as we continue on that journey.
- We promote a culture where staff are empowered to bring fresh perspectives to issues, to think outside the box and contribute to continuous improvement.
- We offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas.
- We encourage excellence and proactively support development through on the job learning, training courses, and secondments to other teams
- Our collaborative team encourages a positive, customer focussed, innovative and best in class attitude.
We are looking for:
- Significant experience in leading teams and strong people management skills
- Strong experience in driving outcomes and managing diverse stakeholder interests
- Experience in management reporting within large, complex and diverse organisations
- Strong analytical, strategic and planning skills as well as being commercially savvy
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and ability to articulate complex messages clearly, simply and concisely
- Ability to overview and consider principles alongside being pragmatic
- Ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships
- Strong team player and ability to collaborate and contribute at senior leadership team level
- High standards of professionalism and performance driven
- Experience in leading successful change initiatives
In addition to be considered you will:
- Be a business or management graduate with considerable experience in senior management roles
- Have the right to live and work in New Zealand