Callaghan Innovation is a government agency that helps businesses succeed through technology. We work with businesses of all sizes who share the ambition of challenging what is possible. We have a wide range of services to make the road from research and development to market success easier, faster and less risky.
We have a position available for a Fermentation and Bioprocessing Engineer/Scientist in our Integrated Biotechnologies Group. If you would like to work in a stimulating, collaborative environment with a dedicated team of scientists, we would like to hear from you.
The successful applicant will ideally possess:
- A tertiary qualification - preferably post graduate - in Biotechnology, Process Engineering, Microbiology or a related discipline.
- Evidence of strong technical knowledge in their field.
- Sound business skills and experience working with commercial clients.
- Proven experience of contributing to and leading projects with a high degree of difficulty requiring logical and conceptual problem solving skills.
- A demonstrated ability to plan and manage their own work and that of others.
- Proven experience of consistently producing high quality outputs which have made a significant contribution to their specialist field.
- The ability to work as part of a team and cross a range of scientific disciplines.
This role would suit an early to mid-stage scientist or engineer with commercial experience in fermentation and bioprocessing technology. The opportunity for a leadership role could be available to a particularly outstanding candidate. You need to be highly self-motivated, disciplined, result-oriented, and capable of driving a project from beginning to end.
If you feel you have the drive and skills necessary for this role, then please apply now.