The ASB Farm at Mount Albert Grammar School (MAGS) is unique. The 9-hectare farm, adjacent to one of New Zealand's largest schools, presents a significant opportunity to connect the agri-food & fibre sector with Aucklanders.
A project is underway to transform the farm into a global centre of educational excellence showcasing the latest technology, innovation and research in the agri-food & fibre sector and featuring the construction of a new Experience Centre with the latest educational and industry-display facilities.
As the Experience Centre Development Manager your key objective will be to work with the MAGS Foundation industry advisory group, the MAGS faculty, commercial partners, industry food organisations, the local community, the Auckland educational community and others to research, design, fund and implement an Experience Programme.
The role is for an initial 2-year period in line with funding from the Founding Partner of the Experience Programme, AGMARDT.
What they are looking for:
To ensure success in this exciting newly created role, we are looking for someone with:
- An all-consuming passion for New Zealand's agri-food & fibre sector and the career opportunities that it provides young people in New Zealand;
- A desire to be at the heart of a transformational project for the agri-food & fibre industry;
- An ability to bring creativity and design to play at work;
- An interest in working with teachers and educators to develop curriculum materials;
- A good understanding of project management involving multiple stakeholders and numerous related work streams.
More information and to apply:
To find out more about the ASB Farm at MAGS, the Experience Centre, and the objective of the Experience Centre Development Manager, see the attached position description and also take a look at our website here.
For more specific information or to apply for this role please contact Mark Heer (Chairman of the ASB Farm at MAGS Advisory Group) at email@example.com or mobile 0275579422.
Applications strictly close EOD 20 February 2018.