PURPOSE OF ROLE
To work across the Icehouse’s accelerator programme and seed investments (via Tuhua Ventures) to mentor the founders and support them to find product-market fit, prepare to raise capital and scale their companies.
WHO IS THIS PERSON?
The successful candidate will become a critical part of the Icehouse startup team and will be aligned to our philosophy of backing talented founders with huge aspirations and supporting them to create enduring, meaningful technology companies.
You will be a proven startup founder, that has gone through the journey and knows the ups and downs of building a company. You will have a proven track record of building and launching successful technology products. You will have a passion for coaching and mentoring.
Designed to be a full-time role, you will be working alongside our founders to help them find product-market fit, prepare to raise capital and support them to scale their companies. The role will also see you assist with the sourcing, evaluation, selection and growth of our startups across our accelerator programme and seed investment portfolio.
So why would you choose this role over any other? You may do it to continue learning about different technologies and industries. You may do it to engage with the most talented technology entrepreneurs and give back to the NZ startup community. You may do it to develop your network while you work out what to do next. Or you may do it to gain access to a range of early-stage investment opportunities.
The right person won’t be attracted to this role for the salary but rather the chance to make an impact and play an active role in creating the next Xero or Vend. In addition to a salary, you will receive upside, via equity or carried interest, to align you with the companies that you work with.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 10+ years business experience with start-ups and high growth companies in the technology sector
- Hands on experience with a successful start-up and angel investment
- Demonstrated capability building and launching new products/startups using customer development/lean startup methodology
- Excellent understanding of high tech startup and the digital/online sector.
- Hands on experience in business areas including: Marketing, Sales, Finance and Strategy development.
- An excellent network of contacts in the startup ecosystem, locally and/or internationally (entrepreneurs, investors, communities and mentors).
- Expertise in getting a venture investment ready and knowing what is required to pitch successfully for investment.
- Appropriate university level qualifications in business, technical or related field.
To view the full job description click here.
To apply for this role, email your CV and cover letter to Maria Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 21 October 2016.