- Opportunity to address complex engineering challenges with high community impact
- Lead delivery of infrastructure projects & programs
- Make the move South & enjoy an incredible outdoors lifestyle, stunning environment
Otago Regional Council manages the land, air and water resources, and provides flood and natural hazard protection and response on behalf of communities across Central Otago, Clutha, Waitaki, Queenstown Lakes and Dunedin. Climate change impacts, pressure on critical infrastructure, and Otago’s complex river systems from mountain headwaters to coastal mouths, creates a challenging environment that requires a forward-thinking approach. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for an experienced Project Manager to lead delivery of infrastructure projects related to flood protection and land drainage schemes, coastal protection, and river management.
- Plan, organise, lead and control multiple complex projects including programs of work that span multiple years.
- Select and lead project teams, enabling them to perform at their best. Includes engaging and overseeing consultants and contractors, and putting in place, administering contracts.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a shared understanding of project objectives, plan project delivery, and ultimately deliver a successful project or program.
- Define and tightly manage project scope, schedule, budget, and risk with robust project reporting and financial oversight.
- Provide direction and leadership to improve project management practices and enhance project delivery capability.
- A tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering, and 5+ years’ experience managing sizeable infrastructure projects and/or programs.
- Ideally hold a Prince2 or PMP qualification and have experience working in a local government setting, although this is not essential.
- Strong organisational skills, a focus on delivery and achieving outcomes, collaborative work style, and customer focus.
If you’re looking for job interest and challenge and would enjoy the outdoors lifestyle that goes hand-in-hand with the Otago environment of rugged coastlines, spectacular mountains and alpine lakes, this position could be right for you.
Click Apply or to find out more, contact us on 09 283 9568 in confidence.
Applications Close Sunday 4th October 2020.
Otago Regional Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment. Due to the Border Restrictions, we’re only accepting applications from New Zealand Citizens/Residents, or alternatively, New Zealand Work Visa holders currently in New Zealand.