Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like the stimulation and challenges of building a world-class and extraordinary system? Then this is the opportunity for you at Apple!
Come join a team of creative, energetic, and enthusiastic firmware engineers responsible for next generation Human Interface Devices for iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Mac. We are seeking out a world-class Software Program Manager to own and drive technology FW/SW into iPhones, iPads, and other devices. We are searching for a candidate with a consistent track record of planning and executing complex programs in a consumer electronics environment. The ideal candidate will understand the who, what and how of system development, orchestrate a firmware development plan and schedule, then successfully manage execution of that plan with different teams.
- Understand and deal well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills; ability to inspire team members.
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Proficient in agile project management models.
- Technical knowledge of firmware and embedded systems, especially focused on consumer products.
As an Engineering Program Manager, you'll be supporting early definition and drive closure of architecture and technical opens. Identify and highlight technical risk areas and mitigation strategies in partnership with Apple technologists. Communicate cross-functionally the key developments and updates on projects. You are able to grasp complex technical topics and abstract key issues and risks into an impactful form. Create schedule, identify critical path, and maintain throughout execution.
Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related technical field or relevant industry experience is required.