Fantastic senior opportunity to join one of New Zealand's most successful and innovative teams, who are passionate about creating great customer experiences and committed to leading the bank on its digital transformation.
At BNZ we're shaking up banking and creating solutions that will change the way people interact with their money - making effortless, secure and more delightful experiences. Keen to be involved in helping customers be good with their money so they can do good things with it?
About the role:
Do you know what it feels like when everything just… works? If you've ever been a part of a software delivery team, you'll understand how easily bad processes, hidden knowledge, small frustrations and 'easy' workarounds can drain the time and energy of even the best teams. In this unique opportunity you'll get to work with a team of dedicated experts to help develop and support engineering excellence across the delivery teams in your area.
The ideal candidate will inspire confidence and trust from their teams, show empathy and understanding, give them a senior voice and solve the problems they shouldn't have to deal with. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the underlying technical goals of your channel or domain. This includes collaborating on strategy, fostering healthy engineering practices and keeping an eye on required skillsets and training.
Alongside your technical software experience, you'll bring:
- the ability to inspire and motivate teams to tackle hard problems and evolve their practices
- a collaborative style, to create trust and ensure a cohesive approach from your team in a complex environment with high autonomy
- an eagerness both to work within and to support a diverse and inclusive environment
Here's what we can offer you:
- The chance to foster a positive, proactive and forward-thinking engineering culture
- An environment where you have the freedom to bring your ideas to life
- An opportunity to belong to a large and enthusiastic team working on innovative software
Working at BNZ
At BNZ, we're passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. We know that every BNZer is unique, with a wide range of goals, ambitions, and lifestyles, so we offer a wide range of benefits and working styles to suit you.
- Wellbeing: Your wellbeing is important to us. When we're at our best, physically and mentally, in and out of work, we can truly create great things together. We're here to support you to be your best with a number of wellbeing initiatives.
- Leave: We all need a bit of time off every now and then. At BNZ we're proud to offer the generous leave options you need and deserve - whether it's for a special occasion, an unexpected event, or an extended vacation.
- Flexibility: We're big on helping you balance life and work. We offer a range of flexible working options that help you be your best, wherever you're based. Talk to us about how we can make this work for you
Want to be part of enabling a high achieving New Zealand? Apply now!
Applications close 5 February 2020, however please note we will be reviewing applications as we go so apply today!