Do you want to be part of a vibrant and internationally focused work environment?
Education New Zealand (ENZ) is the lead agency for the promotion and representation of New Zealand education around the world.
We are looking for an Education Manager to join our New Zealand Embassy-located Beijing team. This position reports to the Beijing-based Regional Director, Greater China and North Asia.
Working as part of a small collaborative team, building and maintaining strong working relationships across government and education industry partners will be critical to your success in the role. You will also identify opportunities for New Zealand education providers to deliver training, programmes and services in China.
The role is a locally engaged position and you will need to meet all requirements for legally living and working in China.
To be successful in this position you will need to demonstrate:
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Professional-level interpretation and translation skills
- Demonstrated ability to network, build and maintain effective relationships with government partners, the industry and international organisations
- Superior understanding of Chinese government systems, processes and protocols, from central through to city government
- A strong understanding of China’s education system (knowledge of New Zealand’s education and training system is also desirable)
- Some business development experience with an emphasis on identifying and pursuing opportunities is desirable
- Outstanding research and analytical skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write reports, briefings and programmes ensuring high degree of accuracy
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, events, projects and an intensive workload to a very high standard
- Proven project and event management skills
- Strong prioritisation skills
- Relevant tertiary level qualification
- A demonstrated commitment to the provision of quality services
The ability to travel (domestically and to New Zealand) is also a job requirement.