Are you looking for a new challenge in the world of eCommerce? Does an authentic story, seriously awesome team and product and the opportunity to help drive the successful performance of the Icebreaker business sound appealing?
Located in our global Head Office in Ponsonby, Auckland, reporting to the eCommerce Engineering & Operations Manager as the eCommerce Application Developer, you will be responsible for focusing on back-end aspects of our site, delivering quality software solutions on the Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) hosted platform. This role will also be responsible for implementing (design, develop, unit test) and maintaining (debug, improve on) technical solutions to drive the eCom content and feature roadmap and operational excellency initiatives. We are looking for someone whom can actively participate within a Scrum framework to produce highly iterative, shippable product. Sounds like double dutch to most but those who are in the know, this will be their dream job.
What your CV says about you:
- Strong understanding of the MVC (Model View Controller) architecture pattern
- Able to discuss, plan and implement features that utilize JS Functions, Constructors, Methods, Object/classes, Constants, Imports, Loops, & Parameters
- Proficiency in architecture and manipulation of data
- Experience managing version control repositories
- Proficient in ticket management systems (Jira Preferred)
- Be flexible to changing priorities and project work to accommodate business needs
- A mind for developing for the end user (customers and business users)
- Able to teach yourself/learn new technologies and methodologies comfortably
- SFCC Certified Developer or prior experience working within the SFCC platform (Highly Preferred)
- Experience with Custom and System Object types
- Familiar with pipelines, pipelets and nodes (control, interaction, etc)
- Knowledge with the manipulation and usage of Business Objects
- Experience with CDNs (i.e. Cloudflare) and able to troubleshoot caching issues that may relate to CDN, browser, and/or down to the application server
- Knowledge of content asset and content slot configurations within the SFCC platform
- Familiar with Controllers (and their structure, including but not limited to things like modules, Guard concept, and JSDoc)
What comes naturally to you?
- Delivering: Problem solving, managing multiple priorities and delivering under tight timeframes
- Flexibility &resilience: We don’t stand still so you need to be comfortable with constant change and know when to let it go.
- Detail: You will need to sweat the small stuff & attention to detail is critical.
- Systems: You feel super comfortable in the eCommerce world
What we can offer you:
- A broad Application Developer role in an iconic NZ brand powered by a large corporate – the best of both worlds!
- A close-knit, fun and high performing team
- The opportunity to build your career within VF Corp
Icebreaker is a world leader in merino clothing and we supply our Adventure, Life and Training ranges to more than 4,500 stores across 47 countries. We care about our relationships with nature and each other. We’re a fast moving, nimble business – the people on our team are here because they want to make a difference. Sustainability isn't just a feature of our products, it's in the values and design of our business. View our Transparency Report here:
We’ve also recently joined the VF Corporation, a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories, with global iconic brands, 64,000 associates and $12.4 billion in revenue and we’re excited about what being part of VF’s amazing portfolio of brands will offer us in terms of best in class industry knowledge and global career opportunities for our people.
If this opportunity feels like the type of job you’re passionate about, and it fits with your skills and experience, please click apply to send us your CV with a covering letter explaining why you'd be right for Icebreaker.
The recruitment of this position is being managed by Philippa Irvine, Talent Scout. For any queries, contact Philly directly on +64 21 564 691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org