Antipodes is leading the way globally in natural and organic skincare with scientific validation to prove its performance and skin enhancing effects. Founded fourteen years ago, by visionary New Zealand founder and director, Elizabeth Barbalich, our premium beauty brand is sold in 30 countries and is a cutting-edge combination of the highest quality ingredients from New Zealand nature and raw super-fruit extracts to produce high-tech certified organic and premium formulations.
We are seeking an experienced and talented individual to substantially elevate and enhance our e-commerce capability. We are looking for someone with the technical skills and expertise to take the business to the next level – this is an important role for the organisation as we move into the next phase of our evolution and will have a direct impact on business growth.
Based at our new and beautifully renovated headquarters in Wellington, this role will require collaboration across various stakeholders both in New Zealand and globally. We are looking for someone who has the X-factor, and who genuinely lives and loves a natural and sustainable lifestyle.
This high-impact hands-on role has a wide and varied scope and will:
- Manage the new Antipodes D2C website (which is currently in development) whilst optimising KPIs (unique visitors, conversion rate, profit optimization), site content and the customer journey
- Lead the Amazon business globally across various markets with a combination of Vendor and Seller Central models. Build current and future Amazon strategy, with a focus on the UK and USA
- Optimise key products across various search engines to raise Antipodes profile online, both in Western and Asia markets i.e. Google, Baidu
- Utilise web analytics to carry out analysis and make recommendations to ensure improved business performance and enhanced sales
- Ensure Antipodes has relevant exposure and is optimised in beauty apps with a focus on Asia markets
- Manage the e-commerce advertising budget i.e. Google search PPC
- Develop Antipodes consumer database and drive sales through CRM
- Be the in-house e-commerce expert, developing the Antipodes e-commerce strategy, and working on insights projects such as competitor reviews
- Partner closely with the in-house Design team to ensure all content is relevant for the online marketplace and that Antipodes image is well represented
- Upskill the wider Sales/Business Development and Digital Marketing teams in e-commerce, sharing insights and learning
You will bring:
- A solid understanding of e-commerce tools, technologies, and the digital landscape
- Experience with advertising campaigns for an e-commerce website: SEO, PPC, Retargeting, Display, Social Media
- A track record of improving online sales performance, conversion, and minimising customer drop-off
- Google Analytics know-how
- Experience managing budgets and ROI
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of researching product categories, key competitors, and appropriate technologies
- Exceptional stakeholder management and ability to work cross-functionally
- A background in a fast-paced, continually adapting environment, and be an agile team player and comfortable with ambiguity
- Ambition and drive with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Amazon experience (confidence in Vendor Central, AWS)
- Consumer goods experience, and even better if in Beauty
If this exciting opportunity sounds like you apply now with your CV and cover letter telling us why you are the person for this role and keen to join the Antipodes family!
Please note that we will only be able to accept your application if you already have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
We will be regularly reviewing applications and will be in touch if we'd like to chat further.