The University of Auckland is New Zealand's leading University and one of the world's major research universities. Our Property Services team provides a leading edge facilities management, capital planning and development service that contributes to the success of the University of Auckland. As one of Auckland's largest and most diverse property portfolio owners and occupiers, the University of Auckland owns and leases over 200 buildings with a mix of new, older and heritage buildings. Our property portfolio is essential to our core business of teaching and research.
Playing a vital role in contributing to the success of the University of Auckland as a vibrant and progressive University, the University of Auckland Property Services division has responsibility for one of the country's largest and most complex property portfolios whilst also managing a significant capital works program.
Property Services mission is to ensure the University of Auckland is recognised locally, nationally and internationally for its world-class facilities and physical environment that support a vibrant student experience as well as excellence in teaching and research activities.
It is an exciting time at the University with major projects underway and more to come. With continued growth and development combined with an already substantial portfolio, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced executive level leader to join the University as its Director of Property Services.
This is a pivotal senior role in the University of Auckland with key accountability for leading the Property Services function in its provision of excellent and sustainable planning and development, facilities operations and asset management services that contribute to the success of the University of Auckland as a vibrant and progressive University.
This exciting and influential role is essential to ensure the built environment properly supports the current and future needs of the University through its long term Academic and Capital plan.
Some key aspects and responsibilities include the following:
- Quality planning, design and delivery of capital developments including effective allocation and utilisation of University space, facilities management, sustainability initiatives and operations
- High level representation of the University through effective relationships with key external partners and stakeholders and the championing of the University and its policies around areas such as sustainability and local engagement
- Policy and Compliance Governance that ensures the University is compliant with laws and regulations due to its policies being relevant and reflective of the current legal, financial and environmental context
- Culture and leadership including development of expertise across the team and encouragement of behaviours that align with a culture that is collaborative, inclusive, flexible and inspires excellence
- Financial planning and management that ensures long term financial plans reflect a prioritised approach to capital development, asset and facilities management.
- Strategic and risk management
Our Ideal Candidate
As a highly experienced senior people leader, our ideal candidate will demonstrate an advanced ability to influence and communicate effectively to a diverse range of stakeholders. They will have significant experience at a strategic level in Property, Development, Design and a strong understanding of Facilities Management.
They will operate with energy and passion and will demonstrate a collaborative approach where they partner closely with peers, value the needs of others and model best practice principles and behaviours. Teamwork, customer focus and negotiation skills are vital to the role.
The University is in the middle of one of the largest capital programmes in its history and this is combined with an already considerable amount of BAU activity to ensure research and student activities can continue successfully. Preference will be given to candidates with a proven understanding of large-scale building programmes and large impact compliance works and those who can demonstrate an ability to think and act strategically to provide valuable input to achieve the best long-term outcomes.
What We Offer
The University of Auckland offers an environment and position in the Auckland property market that is both diverse and incredibly unique. We are looking towards the future and this is a rare and very special opportunity.
In addition, we offer:
- competitive salary
- 6.75% superannuation scheme
- five weeks annual leave
- car parking
- flexible working and a culture dedicated to work life balance.
Please apply online at our careers site. Any additional enquiries can be directed to Joshua Chapman on 09 923 8262.
How to Apply
Applications close on Tuesday, 19 March 2019.
For further information go to www.auckland.ac.nz/opportunities
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Maori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, equity groups, parenting support and flexible work go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
Direct enquiries only please - no agencies.