- Iconic New Zealand Owned Business
- Pivotal Leadership Role
- Queenstown Based
Wayfare is a well established, family owned group of iconic businesses originally founded in 1954 by tourism and conservation pioneers Sir Les and Olive Hutchins. Wayfare provides quality experiences across New Zealand’s Southern Islands. For more information on the Group and their distinguished brands visit www.wayfare.nz
Queenstown based and reporting to the CEO, we are looking to appoint a genuinely people focused Director People + Performance whose purpose is to lead the development and delivery of human resource, organisational development and safety and wellbeing practices that will support the entire organisation and enable the senior leadership team and their teams to deliver strategic and day to day business outcomes.
- Support and develop people leaders to implement practices and frameworks to ensure strong HR and culture legacy continues to evolve
- Lead the HR, Health and Safety and Corporate Communications functions to represent, drive and further influence the core values and entrepreneurial spirit that guide Wayfare and foster a collaborative and cross functional approach
- Create and drive a performance driven culture that empowers and inspires outstanding service delivery and business growth
- Oversee effective and innovative recruitment, employee relations, engagement, performance management, remuneration structures, learning and development and change management
Skills and Experience
You will be a pragmatic, self starter with a proven track record as a successful, commercially minded human resource professional with Senior Leadership Team experience. Key to this role is being able to authentically connect and influence across all businesses within the Wayfare Group. You will have a true understanding of what success looks like for the organisation’s people leaders and support and develop them to implement practices and frameworks to achieve positive outcomes, a diverse and inclusive culture and further build the capability within their teams. This role requires someone who is future focused and has a track record of leading change, with solid experience supporting people through this change. A relevant qualification and experience in a similar role are essential.
Please submit your cover letter and CV by clicking the ‘apply’ button Initial phone enquiries can be made to Sally Wynn-Williams on 027 478 5554 or Lisa wheeler on 021 332 295.
Applications close 5pm Monday 25 May 2020