American Express Global Commercial Payments (GCP) is a leading issuer and provider of business financing. The Digital Prospect Acquisition team is a leading driver of P&L growth and this role is responsible for driving incremental business to the franchise through Paid Media Digital Acquisition channels. The digital media channels contribute 20% of net new spend acquired from business customers, and represents one of the fastest-growing areas.
This role is responsible for creating demand for business financing products and converting business prospects to new customers. The team executes its strategies through a large set of external digital platform partners, including Google, Facebook, Amazon, LinkedIn, CreditKarma to name just a few along with leading digital marketing agencies. This person will be responsible for developing a holistic strategy across paid media channels (affiliate, display and SEO) and across devices. They will execute winning performance marketing strategies grounded in deep analytic data driven insights through effective targeting and thumb stopping creative. The individual will play a key role partnering across many cross functional internal and external partners to unlock the power of a full funnel brand experience and lead a high performing team of 10.
Areas Of Business Ownership That Drive This Outcome Include
Lead overall Paid Media strategy, planning and optimization to drive significant new customer and revenue growth.
- Paid Search strategy, execution and critical partnership to grow and optimize branded and non branded search. Own landing page experiences to drive demand and conversion.
- Affiliate strategy, partnering across multiple credit product aggregators to position American Express as the brand of choice and best in class solution to meet business needs.
- Display and social strategy and execution. Deliver on existing and identify new distribution partnerships and innovative ways to engage with prospects.
- Manage multi-million dollar acquisition marketing budget, prioritize and allocate resources and media effectively to meet growth goals.
- Develop comprehensive view of Paid Media landscape and go forward roadmap to optimize consideration funnels, integrate content and drive engagement and conversion. This will require close partnership with Brand, Product and Creative partners to enable American Express to stay ahead of the market and emerging growth opportunities.
- Recommend high-potential channels and segmentation strategies based on research and data including ongoing test and learn to drive continuous improvement.
- Evolve and enhance performance measurement approach to improve attribution and optimized growth plans.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in high-growth digital environments; strong preference for ecommerce experience
- Proven ability leading and managing innovative and effective marketing programs that generate results, including SEO/SEM, social, affiliates, display, email, out of home, print, and social
- A deep understanding of paid media landscape, external digital partner management experience and ability to stay ahead of a constantly changing digital marketplace
- Strong working knowledge of digital measurement and testing tools and ability to manage various channels to drive traffic and conversion
- A strong background in creative marketing with proven ability to develop innovative campaigns that resonate with the audience
- A proven strategist with demonstrated ability to drive innovation and change with full collaboration of partners
- Strong followership and relationship skills across multiple cross-functional partners
- Strong analytical skills and ability to sift through significant amounts of complex data to isolate what matters and hone in on opportunity
- An exceptional leader who can get the best out of people (employees, internal and external partners)
- A proven ability to get into the details while staying grounded in the big picture
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions