- New Executive Strategic Role
- Help Solve NZ’s Land-Based Challenges Through Innovation
- Ground-Breaking Research and Educational Joint Facility Partnerships
A vibrant organisation with 650+ staff spread nationally across four campuses and 9 farms, AgResearch is tasked with delivering cutting-edge agricultural science and innovation to benefit the wider New Zealand economy.
Our Future Footprint Strategy encourages collaboration through education and research partnerships, creating a new way of working and enabling innovation to solve the grand challenges facing New Zealand’s land-based sector.
This new operating model requires substantial organisational and cultural change on a scale not seen previously in the New Zealand land-based sector. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and based at the Lincoln Campus, this new and challenging role will contribute to the successful leadership and execution of the transformational change agenda at AgResearch.
Leading 80+ FTE’s, this role is responsible for:
- The key liaison for the construction & delivery of the Lincoln University–AgResearch Joint Facility Project based at Lincoln and the Joint Food Science Facility based at Massey University;
- Management of the ‘lift and shift’ of physical equipment to the new facilities and support of the new operating models to improve inter and intra-organisational collaboration;
- Strategic responsibility for all farms and facilities across AgResearch, ensuring focus on the development and delivery of world class research and operations on all research farms and campuses.
Candidates of interest will have significant experience in senior leadership roles, with proven experience leading large multi-disciplinary projects, ideally blending research, commerce, technology and social science while successfully engaging with stakeholders and communities, including Iwi. Preference will be given to commercially and technologically savvy leaders, who are skilled in construction, leading change and implementing operating models preferably in the agricultural/farming and/or commercial property sectors.
This is an exciting time for AgResearch and this represents a rare opportunity for an action-oriented executive who takes pride in driving a range of projects to get things done.
To apply in strict confidence now, email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com 358824KE. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
To view a position description, please visit the Job Search page at www.sheffield.co.nz.
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 3 353 4367 (DDI).