BuzzFeed is seeking a Director of Communications to lead strategic communications and media relations for BuzzFeed Entertainment Group (BFEG), which produces the company’s creative portfolio of entertainment channels, original series, posts, quizzes, videos, as well as its food and lifestyle networks, Tasty and Nifty.
This role is critical in sharing the creative ingenuity, massive reach and cultural impact of BuzzFeed’s content, and the brilliant creators and storytellers behind it. The role will report to the head of communications for BFEG, but will also work closely with the BFEG leadership team and talent.
The ideal candidate will have a strong entertainment publicity background, expertise in cross-platform content, and deep understanding of the evolving media landscape. The Director should demonstrate strong relationships with entertainment journalists and in the creative community, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, a connection to BuzzFeed’s content, and a love of the Internet.
- Help develop and execute media relations strategy to communicate the creative vision and success of the BuzzFeed Entertainment Group
- Develop and execute publicity campaigns in support of BuzzFeed franchises and original series
- Collaborate with the BFEG editorial team to identify and tell stories that demonstrate the creative vibrancy and cultural impact of its content
- Tell growth and measurement stories in partnership with the wider communications team for BuzzFeed’s Entertainment Group (Quizzes, Lists, Tasty and more!), BuzzFeed News and BuzzFeed’s advertising business
- Develop thought leadership, speaking opportunities, and press materials
- Partner key stakeholders including BuzzFeed Entertainment Group President, Head of Development, and VP of Operations
- 5-7 years experience, ideally within a media company or studio system. Demonstrated success securing media coverage across various platforms (tv, digital, print, web, radio).
- Established relationships across the industry.
- Deep understanding of media, tech, and especially the entertainment landscape.
- Executive communication skills, and strong communicator - we want to know you write and pitch well, and can talk to all kinds of different people.
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle multiple tasks on tight deadlines, lead projects, and react quickly in time-sensitive scenarios.
- Passion for following media, digging into trends, and staying ahead of the press cycle.