Starbucks - Marketing
Job Summary and Mission
At Starbucks, we have always believed in the importance of building a great, enduring company that balances profitability with a social conscience. We have high aspirations for the future and acquiring the right talent is paramount.
We are seeking a proven global social media leader with deep expertise spanning all areas of enterprise social media: listening and analytics, enterprise tools and technologies, crisis communications, customer resolution, platform management across emerging and established channels in the US and internationally, creative development, campaign strategy and execution, paid social, partnerships, and innovation. The role calls for a committed specialist with a career focused on building and leading social media organizations.
The new mission for Starbucks social media goes a step further: To evolve the established and high-functioning social media team from relatively autonomous operations to deeper integration within the global marketing organization as a whole; to influence upstream thinking about promotions and go-to-market plans; to take a lead role in shaping our ever-evolving digital footprint.
You have led the global social media discipline, overseeing the team’s strategy, vision, innovation and partnerships. You have in-depth understanding of established and emerging social platforms across the globe and have a broad awareness of industry thinking both current and historical to identify new brand opportunities in social. You’re a thought leader with expertise spanning all areas of social media engagement tools, including industry innovation and interoperability with other digital technologies, platforms, and processes. You have a deep understanding of research, analytics, and listening tools and methodologies and recognize the difference between insights and the merely interesting in digital trends analysis. Most importantly, you are an inspirational leader and are passionate about developing people and teams.
Summary of Key Responsibilities - Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Define and communicate social media mission and vision & strategy at a brand and channel level.
- Define and manage cross-functional integration of the social media discipline.
- Develop and champion insight-grounded global strategy.
- Ability to build, motivate, and inspire teams; engage partners; and influence executive stakeholders.
- Interact effectively with top-level creatives internally and in agencies, providing vision and inspiration to integrate social concepts with broader campaign themes.
- Identify and communicate key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Support the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
- Collaborate with internal and external strategic business partners to develop joint marketing strategies, ensuring they are integrated with the plans of other business channels.
- Continuously drive to revitalize technology product portfolio through innovation, customer insights, and data.
- Lead cross-functional and international teams on strategic approach, key tactics, best practices, measurement requirements and evolving trends.
- Lead integration of financial activities, including planning, forecasting and business analysis, to drive brand planning and strategies.
- Communicate digital brand direction to internal and external partners.
- Ability to define complex social media operations. Anticipate and pre-empt operational challenges.
- Ability to deliver powerful presentations to executive and multi-functional audiences both internally and externally.
- Ability to define and teach brand guidelines across multiple brands and channels. Provides upfront guidance and direction for internal and agency content creators along with actionable feedback on social creative.
- Plan and manage global digital initiatives across international markets and ensures that initiatives are aligned with Global Marketing.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 10+ years in a Digital Marketing, Social Media roles in both agency and corporate
- 5+ years dedicated experience as a Social Media Team Leader
- 10+ years experience managing digital experiences across mobile, web & integrated marketing
- 7+ years managing cross-functional teams and/or agency teams
Our Mission: to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time.