At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment because we believe there is a better way to watch. Like our customers, we love movies and TV shows and we want the world to experience the joy of entertainment wherever and whenever they want.
To succeed at promoting our exclusive, original content, we need an unparalleled level of consumer insight to understand what motivates these ‘must watch’ entertainment moments and to create a desire to join Netflix.
In this role, you will lead projects, guiding the Marketing teams in Asia on developing strategy for campaigns that may be carved from an overall global focus, or are more home-grown in their regional or local focus. A deep understanding and proven track record of working across the region is critical for success in this role.
A background in entertainment research (TV, film advertising) is strongly preferred as it provides the unique perspective this leader will need.
We seek an individual who:
- Can flourish in our unique company culture
- Has spent time living and working in Asia, whilst in a research role
- Has a depth of experience in developing strategic insights to inform creative marketing campaigns
- Has worked a lot with different departments - PR, social, creative - all of whom make the marketing campaign come together, in a holistic way
- Thrives on wanting to know why consumers act and feel the way they do and can transform their findings into recommendations that will drive and support strategic decision making that drive the business forward
- Has a strong voice in setting strategy and identifying new directions
- Has a ton of experience in designing research projects to answer marketing questions
- A master of primary research (experience in secondary also helpful)
- Is keen to roll sleeves up and be hands-on
- Is as confident in qualitative research techniques as in quant, and understands the different applications of each to select the right methodology for the right questions
- Knows when to pursue a research project and when to push back
- Can bring the voice of the Asian consumer into the relevant room and can bridge the gap where commonalities exist
- Enjoys autonomy, yet hates working in silos
- Fluent English speaker, and a regional language preferred - ideally Korean, Mandarin and / or Japanese.
- 10+ years of consumer insights experience, preferably within the entertainment industry or serving the industry from an agency.
- Have managed others in a fast paced environment
- Experience in both qual and quant - comfortable with the both equally
- University Degree, Post Graduate qualifications preferred
Be ready for an all-embracing thrill ride in a unique space where what we say really matters