Starbucks - Marketing
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by developing strategic direction for category growth and leading the rollout and execution of products and programs to support the overall Starbucks strategic direction. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Leads the department in defining, developing, producing and managing Starbucks products and programs.
- Supports the implementation of Company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote Starbucks key messages and achieve a competitive advantage
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Develops long-term strategies and plans.
- Leads and mentors cross-functional teams to develop products and programs, and plans on a rolling 18-month calendar.
- May develop annual operating plan and five-year strategic business plan for the category.
- May develop category budgets and monitor profit and loss.
- May evaluate potential business partnerships, negotiate alliances and manage ongoing relationship with alliance partners, including measurement of operating performance and delivery of shared business objectives.
- Plans and manages business unit and department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization.
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Coordinates the rollout and execution of products and programs across channels of control. Seeks opportunities to leverage product and program rollout across multiple channels.
- Develops and manages a portfolio of products or programs. Determines priorities and balances resources among products and programs to optimize overall Starbucks financial success.
- Establishes and builds working relationships with regional and local marketing teams.Leads or participates in cross-functional teams to influence integration of products or programs with overall
- Starbucks strategic direction, and to identify and develop new products or programs as necessary.
- Leads the financial analysis for the business and provides future direction for the development of the category.
- Presents category interests to senior management and leadership to create awareness of, discuss implications of, and ensure support for products and programs.
- Tracks customer trends and emerging technologies relative to product and program innovations.
Partner Development & Team Building - Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partner, business and customer results.
Summary of Experience
- Business management (6 years)
- Direct or indirect accountability in developing strategic plans (3 years)
- Product or brand management with profit and loss responsibility
- Progressive experience managing varied development of new product or program concepts from conception through implementation
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage diverse portfolio and prioritize objectives
- Ability to apply sound business principles and practices to project management and change management processes
- May require ability to work cross-culturally