Share Big Dreams
At World Vision, we're sharing a big dream for children. One that moves beyond just clean water or food or healthcare to offer a full solution to poverty. We want children to have everything they need to thrive, both physically and spiritually, so they can experience the kind of life God intends—life in all its fullness.
We want the same for our staff: big dreams, a career of significance, and fullness of life. Share your experience so you can share a full life with children in need.
World Vision is looking for a Digital Project Director
Do something extraordinary. At World Vision we are going to the ends of the earth, often where no one else goes, to pull up the roots of poverty and plant the seeds of change. Empowering people out of poverty believing that no child is lost. If this mission resonates with you, we invite you to explore this unique opportunity to serve alongside a tremendous team of professionals working to these ends. Together we are greater than poverty.
In this role you will be responsible for managing cross-organizational projects or priority initiatives that have major organizational implications and impacts, including beyond WVUS to the larger World Vision Partnership, and/or to associations of which WVUS is a member. Typically, project budget is greater than $1 million and requires oversight of related sub-projects, team is comprised of cross-functional staff members, and duration is longer than two years. Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
- Work directly with senior leadership to identify and prioritize opportunities and risks associated with projects and initiatives.
- Confirm customer needs, conduct impact analysis, and propose project plans utilizing best-practice project management methods and tools.
- Engage WVUS staff and external consultants and contract staff as necessary to meet project resource requirements.
- Direct and manage work efforts of team members on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that work adheres to quality standards and is achieved by project deadlines.
- Track project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet client needs.
- Oversee project budget, ensuring that expenses do not exceed agreed-upon budget.
- Evaluate project progress and results and report them to WVUS senior leadership, ensuring that changes to scope, budget, resources and risks are communicated in a timely way.
- Establish project management policies and procedures to improve project efficiency so that time, budget and resources are used wisely.
- Ensure that training occurs pertaining to the use of new or updated systems, policies, procedures, and/or best practices that result from the project.
- Participate in meetings with project managers to update each other on the status of projects under management and mentor other project managers to ensure they develop and apply the skills and knowledge necessary to meet client expectations.
- May be asked to represent WVUS to the World Vision Partnership on Partnership-wide issues.
- May manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work collaboratively with team members when asked to serve as a member of a team.
- Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly Chapel services, and regular prayer.
- Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities and changes via regular reading of the World Vision US Intranet and other corporate communication tools.
- Perform other duties as required.
Share a Full Life with Children in Need
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (eight years) work experience. Master's degree or appropriate certifications may be required.
- In addition to education or education equivalent, requires work experience in a complex NGO environment, preferably managing major projects and initiatives; 10-15 years.